We just returned from a 7 night stay at Villa Del Palmar. I did email in advance to request a room closer to the ocean and was disappointed when we were the last room before the lobby. But the view was nice and the 2 bedroom had an extra bathroom in the second room. Our stay last time did not include that.
Service varied from indifferent to excellent depending on the staff member. Ester at the pool was awesome and the site manager walked around each day to make sure everything was up to snuff. I wish I remembered his name as he was amazing. Some days our room was made up promptly but a couple of times we did have to call at around 3pm to have them come clean it. So it was hit or miss. I would say it mostly was very good.
When we arrived the hotel was only half filled and as such it was nice to get up and not have to do the towel dance. I simply would head down at around 8:30 with my kids and get a spot. By the following Sunday, it had completely filled up and then the chairs would have towels on them by 7:30. I find this very annoying and wish that all resorts would just promptly remove items after the hour is up.
My kids greatly enjoyed the Whale slide each day. It did get a little unsafe when a lot of kids were on it and not supervised by a parent. We found the staff to be on top of this though and would address the children who were not obeying the rules.
Entertainment staff by the pool are excellent. They did different activities each day. I wish they had a few more for activities for young children. They only did one that targeted them our whole stay. But we all enjoyed the bingo every day.
They do offer a few paddle board lesson every Monday, Wed and Friday from 9:30-11am. It is free and all you have to do is sign up. I took it and loved it. I also was able to take a board out the following day free of charge. My only complaint was that they only had one working board. I could tell the staff was frustrated by this as well when more than one person wanted a lesson or to take the boards out.
Overall, this is a wonderful family friendly resort. If you can find a COSTCO or time-share package that includes all inclusive I highly recommend it. Food was reasonable and tasty if you just wanted to go to town every night as well. We only spend a couple of hundred to each lunch with our family by the pool every day. I would recommend to a family travelling with young children. If I was alone with my husband, I would much rather stay at Villa Estancia or Del Arco next store as they are more upscale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos is "fun" with a capital "F," described by previous guests as "awesome," "enjoyable," and simply, "a great place to get away from it all." Soak up South of the Border comfort at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos, our family-friendly property with newly renovated rooms and an emphasis on entertainment. You can't help but smile the minute you see our Willy the Whale water slide.On any given day, you might see a crowd partaking in aqua-aerobics, water volleyball, or simply slipping and sliding into the pool (don't forget your camera!). In addition, the resort hosts a large variety of on-site activities including scuba diving, cooking lessons, a techno-arcade and theme nights featuring mariachi music, talent shows and more.The property also boasts a walk-out-the-door stretch of powdery sand, with gorgeous views of the turquoise surf and famous rock formation, El Arco. The recently updated all-suite property with its 460 air-conditioned units offers a range of "home away from home" options, be it a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, sure to satisfy everyone in your group.While the area's beach and water sports get most of the attention, Villa del Palmar goes out of its way to offer the utmost in peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas