The beach is the best thing of this hotel. Our 90 minute timeshare presentation took 3 hrs. We were irrattted by the constant signing for EVERYTHING. We were told we could not even get drinks ourselves, we had to have a waiter order drinks for us. We had all-inclusive bracelets on but we still had to sign for everything. The food was tasteless buffet food so we ended up ordering from a menu in the Sports bar. The staff was fruendly and I am sure they were not too happy to have to chase us down for our signature.
We are not resort people and looked forward to move from the Palmar to a more central hotel where we would eat at local restaurants.
We even spoke to a lady who purchased a timshare years ago and was upset that most people were paying less than the timeshare owners. Risk you take by purchasing a timshare when there is so many deals out there.
Oh the extra charges on the bill was a challenge too, especially the charge for the honour bar, which we figure a maid ate and hoped we would pay for. It was removed once we questioned the charge. There was also an optional $3.50 per day maid charge, which we declined as we tip the maid daily and we also had to pay a $20 per day resort fee, go figure that one?
Be careful some deals are just not worth it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos is "fun" with a capital "F," described by previous guests as "awesome," "enjoyable," and simply, "a great place to get away from it all." Soak up South of the Border comfort at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos, our family-friendly property with newly renovated rooms and an emphasis on entertainment. You can't help but smile the minute you see our Willy the Whale water slide.On any given day, you might see a crowd partaking in aqua-aerobics, water volleyball, or simply slipping and sliding into the pool (don't forget your camera!). In addition, the resort hosts a large variety of on-site activities including scuba diving, cooking lessons, a techno-arcade and theme nights featuring mariachi music, talent shows and more.The property also boasts a walk-out-the-door stretch of powdery sand, with gorgeous views of the turquoise surf and famous rock formation, El Arco. The recently updated all-suite property with its 460 air-conditioned units offers a range of "home away from home" options, be it a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, sure to satisfy everyone in your group.While the area's beach and water sports get most of the attention, Villa del Palmar goes out of its way to offer the utmost in peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Groupon so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas