Our one week stay here was incredible. We had spent the previous week at a 3/4 star resort in San Jose and the difference was amazing. Everything from food quality to pool service to the amenities was a huge upgrade from the first week. The only inconvenience would be the constant signing of chits for every drink and item of food consumed. This was of course due to the fact that Palmar is optional all-inclusive [AI] but it also gives one a good idea of how much you are saving by paying the AI fees at check in.
When we first arrived we went directly to the Sports Bar where we ordered fries and were plyed with glass after glass of COLD Mexican beer. We actually had to beg the barkeep to stop the flow of beer. We particularly enjoyed the variety of restaurants available for AI guests which included all eateries in the del Arco resort as well as in del Palmar. The Bella California on the beach was such a pleasant place to start your day with the ocean view and the awesome service and food. Espresso coffee available on request came quickly and hot. Additionally, the pizza from the wood-fired oven at Bella was to die for. Tortugas was the dinner venue after which there was a stage show every night. The beer at this resort was always by the can or bottle and was ALWAYS COLD...Canadian eh? El Faro, the japanese restaurant deserves particular mention for the location, service and quality of food served. El Patron is also worthy of a dinner occasion...service and food was again incredible.
During our stay a couple of crise ships showed up right on our doorstep..uh, make that; our beach, which was very novel for us and enhanced the viewspace for a few days. Activities here were always happening and always on time. We particularly enjoyed the ceramic painting that happened every day. One disappointment was the lack of beach volleyball. The hottub was truly Canadian...over 40c...the first one we've found in Baja. Another disappointment was the lack of late night dancing...the stage shows were done by 9pm so to get any dancing later in the evening we had to bus into Cabo which is 10 minutes and 21 pesos by bus or 70 pesos by taxi. There is also a food market on site for those not paying AI fees although buying food in town is a much less expensive option. A free bus runs back and forth between the 2 resorts passing the main gate for those with mobility issues. The bus to Cabo turns around just steps away from the main gate.
Yes, this was a dream week for us. We'd definitely return to Villa del Palmar.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Cabo
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos is "fun" with a capital "F," described by previous guests as "awesome," "enjoyable," and simply, "a great place to get away from it all." Soak up South of the Border comfort at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos, our family-friendly property with newly renovated rooms and an emphasis on entertainment. You can't help but smile the minute you see our Willy the Whale water slide.On any given day, you might see a crowd partaking in aqua-aerobics, water volleyball, or simply slipping and sliding into the pool (don't forget your camera!). In addition, the resort hosts a large variety of on-site activities including scuba diving, cooking lessons, a techno-arcade and theme nights featuring mariachi music, talent shows and more.The property also boasts a walk-out-the-door stretch of powdery sand, with gorgeous views of the turquoise surf and famous rock formation, El Arco. The recently updated all-suite property with its 460 air-conditioned units offers a range of "home away from home" options, be it a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, sure to satisfy everyone in your group.While the area's beach and water sports get most of the attention, Villa del Palmar goes out of its way to offer the utmost in peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.