We stayed at villa del palmar for a week on an all-inclusive plan. Check in was smooth and easy with the typical time share sales pitch built in, but once we expressed no interest we were not approached again.
Our room was a spacious and clean 1 bedroom suite with a well equipped kitchen that we didn't use. We found a small snack waiting for us each day after returning to our well made-up room. Each time we came across a house cleaning manager they were sure to ask if we needed anything for our room.
The pools and garden areas were very clean and well kept. The beach area was also very clean and there were a good number of lounges.
Service on the beach and at the pool was good, but not great. I believe the service could be improved greatly if management would be more consistent in scheduling the time it begins and by allowing servers to work the same areas each day. I guess its more of a personal preference, but in most resorts we have stayed at that was the case. One other complaint about the service (and again it's a management issue) is you are required to sign a receipt every time you eat or order anything, even down to a bottle of water. Maybe servers could scan bar codes on the bracelets all-inclusive guests are required to wear, or something else, but the amount of paper generated in one day would be enough to motivate me to seek a better way.
We only ate breakfast and lunch at the resort so we can't review dinner, but the two meals we had each day were very good. Breakfast was always fresh with all of the usual choices and lunch by the pool was also very good. The pizzas were great.
The location is excellent for those who like to head into Cabo. You could easily take a cab ($7) each way, or take a leisurely stroll down the beach (just about a mile) to the marina area.
Overall, this resort was very relaxing and enjoyable, the staff were very friendly and the the price matched the facility and level of service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos is "fun" with a capital "F," described by previous guests as "awesome," "enjoyable," and simply, "a great place to get away from it all." Soak up South of the Border comfort at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos, our family-friendly property with newly renovated rooms and an emphasis on entertainment. You can't help but smile the minute you see our Willy the Whale water slide.On any given day, you might see a crowd partaking in aqua-aerobics, water volleyball, or simply slipping and sliding into the pool (don't forget your camera!). In addition, the resort hosts a large variety of on-site activities including scuba diving, cooking lessons, a techno-arcade and theme nights featuring mariachi music, talent shows and more.The property also boasts a walk-out-the-door stretch of powdery sand, with gorgeous views of the turquoise surf and famous rock formation, El Arco. The recently updated all-suite property with its 460 air-conditioned units offers a range of "home away from home" options, be it a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, sure to satisfy everyone in your group.While the area's beach and water sports get most of the attention, Villa del Palmar goes out of its way to offer the utmost in peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas