this was our first trip out of the country, or all inclusive place. I am glad I never read any reviews upon arriving, ( I usually do) with our friends being time share holders and have been coming for years and love it!! we took there word, but now see the points stated out by other travelers.
our room was on the 8th floor which I liked ( no noise above you), but it faced sams club, we had to chuckle... all this way to see that. But we were excited to be there and decided we will only be sleeping in there, so we would deal. We did do the time share, had to in order to receive the deal we got, which was a steal. But!!! would never do it again... they do lie to you every step of the way, if we had not been pre warned what to say and what not to say we would of spent a whole day there. At the 90 minute point I did speak up and say our time was up... they hadn't even gotten to the prices or choosing our type of room we would wish to have... I said there was no point in showing us, or us to string them along.. He said nicely well its part of the deal he had too, but scrambled them to put something together, he then laughed and said " it will be ok and tapped my hands, then said" you haven't been lying to us have you??? hahaha... didn't like that or understand what that meant.. we were told we had to attend a 90 minute presentation, but was not obligated to buy.. and thats what we did.
so then 20 mins later & 3 offers later and then signing the decline letter.( come to find out) the offers were better than what some others had been offered and we didn't even try...
then... BEWARE!!! when they go to hand you off to some one who will escort you out... it's another lie!!!....they try get you to sit in a office to answer some questions on how your presentation just went and for some " free gifts!!!" well we had been warned, don't go to a private office... will last additional hours, so I kept walking, I said he could ask me as I was walking, then He said" but you have free gift", kept walking... the I heard a woman say" they can't do that!!! we just kept walking.... it did bother us and took us a few hours to get over it, SO DON"T GO!!! PAY THE EXTRA MONEY!!!! research, there are deals out there to be found.
as for the room..clean, ,bed was cozy and pillows great, we called for extras and received them right away. also had a issue with our fan in our room, and they came and fixed it in a timely fashion.
the staff all over the resort work hard are friendly and are always busy doing something to improve the cleanliness of the resort.
we were early risers, to catch the sunrise and get a spot, chairs did fill up fast so would recommend being out there by 8am.
the one thing I would agree with in reading was the signing of a receipt every time you ordered something, even water did get old, you have the wrist band on that should be good enough.
service was friendly but slower due to how many people they had staffing the bar/ pool/ beach area. so we just went and got our own at times and didn't mind.The bartenders were very friendly especially when they are constantly so busy.
breakfast was good, lots of options each day, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice bar, omelet station, pancakes, french toast..ect.., over looking the ocean can't complain.
lunch we always ate either from the same place or at our chairs ... the pizza great!! so were all the menu items.
supper we mixed up a bit with the theme nights a few times, ( they put on some nice shows) I'm a foodie and found some pretty good choices, The best night of those is the" all around the world theme night," food from sister resort is also there and is fantastic..But best meal of the trip for me was at the Italian place, order the chicken with potatoes, will not disappoint!!.
there also is a nice area where they have a pit fire you can sit around in the evenings and order a drink, very relaxing after a long day in the sun.
the beach was nice but not the powder soft sand and was like quick sand in some areas, you have to be paying attention for the water is strong and can take you down quickly, you will need to get out a little ways before your past the waves in order to swim comfortably.
we did take the glass bottom boat over twice to lovers beach, we loved it so much, the guys at baja are great, we were able to get our trip for $8.00 a person) we had the gold card from the resort) we also did parasailing with them and highly recommend it, and the captain captured great pictures of us with our camera.
overall we really enjoyed our stay, weather was great and staff very friendly .definitely worth checking out.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Cabo
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos is "fun" with a capital "F," described by previous guests as "awesome," "enjoyable," and simply, "a great place to get away from it all." Soak up South of the Border comfort at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos, our family-friendly property with newly renovated rooms and an emphasis on entertainment. You can't help but smile the minute you see our Willy the Whale water slide.On any given day, you might see a crowd partaking in aqua-aerobics, water volleyball, or simply slipping and sliding into the pool (don't forget your camera!). In addition, the resort hosts a large variety of on-site activities including scuba diving, cooking lessons, a techno-arcade and theme nights featuring mariachi music, talent shows and more.The property also boasts a walk-out-the-door stretch of powdery sand, with gorgeous views of the turquoise surf and famous rock formation, El Arco. The recently updated all-suite property with its 460 air-conditioned units offers a range of "home away from home" options, be it a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, sure to satisfy everyone in your group.While the area's beach and water sports get most of the attention, Villa del Palmar goes out of its way to offer the utmost in peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.