Overall, I would rate the Villa Del Palmar (poor) due to the following: We went there to vacation over Thanksgiving with a group of 17 people total, 4 families and 2 relatives. We had a total of 6 rooms, none of which had ocean views. We came in with the ALL INCLUSIVE option, which is a joke.
ROOMS: The rooms smelled very musty, like mildew, and when I requested a new room, every other room I was allowed to preview was exactly the same. Furnishings were VERY outdated, dingy, and not the way the pictures looked at all. The beds were not comfortable and the pillows were rock hard. Needless to say, a restful nights sleep was not an option! The front desk suggested upon check-in, to come back each morning in hopes of an ocean view room coming available, which I gave up on after two days. They did offer me a 2 bedroom, for an additional $1300+ for the week.No thanks.
FOOD/SERVICE: There are two restaurants, La Tortuga Sports Bar (yucky), and Bella California (much better) which offer Italian dining in an outdoor atmosphere, overlooking the ocean. In La Tortuga our waiter was rude, and lazy. We only ate there upon our arrival and again for lunch one day. The wait for your meal took forever, and when I didn't care for what I ordered and asked for a bowl of soup, our waiter told me he was very busy, so basically said "no". Waiting for a drink takes a minimum of 10 minutes, because they cater to anyone first who is not on the all-inclusive plan. Bella California had much better service and food, but all in all, I was disappointed. There is a brick oven pizza bar, which actually had the quickest service and a very efficient, polite gentlemen that helped us there. Thank goodness for that, it kept our kids and families full and happy!! The breakfast spread was great. They have made a made to order omelet station, and the buffet always had beans and chilaquiles, which I loved. The fruit and juices were great as well, along w/cereal, pastries, etc.
BEACH/POOL: The beach is GORGEOUS and the views are incredible, so the location is perfect. The pools were fine, just seemed to fill up quickly so seating and available lounges disappear quickly. Get out there early to save a spot, and hope some "entitled person" doesn't help themselves to your towels and reserved spots before you have a chance to enjoy it yourself!
ENTERTAINMENT: We loved the entertainment and the people that work in that department. They are a great group of young men & women that are dedicated and it's obvious they work hard at their jobs. They were very kind, and made our trip very memorable.
ALL INCLUSIVE: This was the biggest disappointment. The all-inclusive option we thought was the way to go. I think their management needs some educated training as to what this means. We are PAYING customers. We probably paid them alot more than the non all inclusive guests. They tell you your tip in included in the all inclusive plan, HOWEVER, our entire group was tipping and tipping well!! Once you have on that wristband, we could not help but feel it labeled you differently than others. We felt they shunned us as we ordered drinks, which you were allowed only a 2 minimum per person. This became a problem, because it took 10-20 minutes to get served, even when you walked up to the bar yourself to order. Then they started only offfering tap beer, rather than cans, also the tequila you could select was limited to the garbage. They also required you to sign for EVERYTHING you ordered, including water for your kids, which was such a nuisance. Why have to sign when you're wearing a wristband than cannot come off unless you cut it off??? It was ridiculous.
When we requested late check-out due to later plane flight, they charged all of us an additional $100 for a 3pm check out (even though we checked in the first evening at 10pm)! You would have thought they would have comp'd us that since we paid for a day we really did not even use, but to lay our heads down to try to sleep!! They they tried to tell us our wristbands could not be used for the all inclusive for the additional 3 hours until check out, which was when we raised "you know what" with them. Why even offer ALL INCLUSIVE if you do not realize what that means?? They fill your fridge w/items, and God forbid, your kids drink them because you'll be charged an arm and a leg for that. They also charge for the wi-fi, ice cream parlor, and many other incidentals we felt should have been ALL INCLUSIVE.
CABO: Cabo is a dream paradise. We loved everything about our trip and had a fabulous time with all of our friends.
In spite of the few gripes regarding the some of the service and attitudes of manangement at Villa Del Palmar, we were satisfied and happy. Our maids were very kind, some of the waiters were incredibly kind and generous, but some need serious attitude adjustments. It's the tourists and visitors at their resort that allow them to have jobs. You would think the majority of them would be grateful for that opportunity and would hope they would treat their PAYING guests with a little more respect.
Oh, forgot the mention the entire place closes down at 10:30pm, so it's lights out, y buenas noches EARLY. Pools, jacuzzis, firepit, bars, and restaurants everything is lights out early, so no big parties if you're looking for later night life.
I would suggest you research other places before booking at this resort, or spell out to them what you want before booking. Also, be prepared to wait forever to get a beer, or your food!!
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel
- Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Cabo
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos is "fun" with a capital "F," described by previous guests as "awesome," "enjoyable," and simply, "a great place to get away from it all." Soak up South of the Border comfort at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos, our family-friendly property with newly renovated rooms and an emphasis on entertainment. You can't help but smile the minute you see our Willy the Whale water slide.On any given day, you might see a crowd partaking in aqua-aerobics, water volleyball, or simply slipping and sliding into the pool (don't forget your camera!). In addition, the resort hosts a large variety of on-site activities including scuba diving, cooking lessons, a techno-arcade and theme nights featuring mariachi music, talent shows and more.The property also boasts a walk-out-the-door stretch of powdery sand, with gorgeous views of the turquoise surf and famous rock formation, El Arco. The recently updated all-suite property with its 460 air-conditioned units offers a range of "home away from home" options, be it a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, sure to satisfy everyone in your group.While the area's beach and water sports get most of the attention, Villa del Palmar goes out of its way to offer the utmost in peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.