This is the first time we used our timeshare ownership with the Villa Group and were happy with our experience. The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was great. We were in a one bedroom which was located in the far east building on the east side. This means we were next to an open space so sitting on our balcony was very quiet with no walls to look out at. We were on the 5th floor as well. The balcony was small but with a table and chairs so we spent mornings watching the sun come up. There was a small, but adequate kitchen so we did not do the all inclusive. We like to try different restaurants while away and enjoy eating in and cooking for ourselves.
The pool area looked fine but was quite busy. We enjoy hanging out on the beach so didn't really use the pools. The ocean was swimmable most days but with the waves on shore timing was critical in order to get out far enough to float around. We were there at the end of October so this may have some influence on how rough the water is. We were always able to get a lounger and an umbrella and a simple "No thanks" to the beach vendors if not interested in buying anything was adequate.
We were close enough to downtown that we could walk in about 20 minutes so spent some time at the marina and going to a few restaurants. We also bought groceries downtown and then hired a cab to return to the hotel.
A bit of advice - if you are not in the market for a timeshare and don't want to spend time at a presentation, don't accept any freebies. The timeshare people do their jobs well and it is high pressure sales.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos is "fun" with a capital "F," described by previous guests as "awesome," "enjoyable," and simply, "a great place to get away from it all." Soak up South of the Border comfort at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos, our family-friendly property with newly renovated rooms and an emphasis on entertainment. You can't help but smile the minute you see our Willy the Whale water slide.On any given day, you might see a crowd partaking in aqua-aerobics, water volleyball, or simply slipping and sliding into the pool (don't forget your camera!). In addition, the resort hosts a large variety of on-site activities including scuba diving, cooking lessons, a techno-arcade and theme nights featuring mariachi music, talent shows and more.The property also boasts a walk-out-the-door stretch of powdery sand, with gorgeous views of the turquoise surf and famous rock formation, El Arco. The recently updated all-suite property with its 460 air-conditioned units offers a range of "home away from home" options, be it a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, sure to satisfy everyone in your group.While the area's beach and water sports get most of the attention, Villa del Palmar goes out of its way to offer the utmost in peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas