My husband and I would've absolutely hated this place BEFORE we had kids. Now that we're traveling w/ 5 and and 2 year old, we liked it so much that we actually bought a timeshare. This time around, we got this incredible deal through Groupon, around $200 per night for 4 people, ALL INCLUSIVE. It's a bit overwhelming if it's your first time, once you get used to the lay out, it's easy to get around. In fact, riding the trolley around the property was one of the high lights for my kids. We stayed for a whole week and ate pretty much every single meal on the resort. There're plenty of options to choose from. We even had fresh oysters one night at the restaurant at Del Arco. My kids never got tired of fresh pizza (which they had for lunch everyday.) Drinks are sometimes hit and miss, but the beer is always cold and pina coladas are always marvelous.
We ventured out to the town one day. You can get much better deal on local trips if you just deal w/ those guys in town in person. You just have to stay your ground and be ready to walk away if you don't get the deal you want. There's always the next guy. Our group (I think 12 including the kids) got a boat tour to all the major beaches and spots and a ride back to our hotel for $50. We paid more than that getting into town on a van taxi. The guys went deep sea fishing for half the price of what you can get from the hotel. After they came back w/ a huge yellowtail and some other fish, we just tipped the chef at the hotel and he grilled it for us w/ all the fixings. I've never had fish that had no fish smell at all. It was amazing.
My least favorite place to eat is the buffet. Our favorite was California grill where they serve amazing Italian dishes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos is "fun" with a capital "F," described by previous guests as "awesome," "enjoyable," and simply, "a great place to get away from it all." Soak up South of the Border comfort at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos, our family-friendly property with newly renovated rooms and an emphasis on entertainment. You can't help but smile the minute you see our Willy the Whale water slide.On any given day, you might see a crowd partaking in aqua-aerobics, water volleyball, or simply slipping and sliding into the pool (don't forget your camera!). In addition, the resort hosts a large variety of on-site activities including scuba diving, cooking lessons, a techno-arcade and theme nights featuring mariachi music, talent shows and more.The property also boasts a walk-out-the-door stretch of powdery sand, with gorgeous views of the turquoise surf and famous rock formation, El Arco. The recently updated all-suite property with its 460 air-conditioned units offers a range of "home away from home" options, be it a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, sure to satisfy everyone in your group.While the area's beach and water sports get most of the attention, Villa del Palmar goes out of its way to offer the utmost in peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Groupon and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas