“We Love the Blanco and It's employees but many changes by Management are not Guest Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos

You added Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos to your Saves list
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Playa El Medano, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Sumner, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

From the start the staff at Blanco is wonderful! Henoc at the Front desk is such a knowledgeable employee and so helpful. All of the Pool waiters are great! Margarito and Salvador are the Best! I have noticed reading the reviews that the general manager only makes comments on the good reviews. When a comment is made about something bad, it isn't addressed. Most hotels now offer Wi-Fi because most people use electronic devices on vacation to stay in touch with work etc back at home. This hotel previously had Wi-Fi, and the sign is still by the pool area, but now they make you pay almost $15.00 per day for it in your room, or you must walk all the way over to the other hotel to connect to the Wi-Fi at the Rose. Why do they give guests at the Rose the Wi-Fi at their hotel area and not at Blanco? Also at the pool, they now serve beers in plastic glasses, and the management took away the iced beer in cans in buckets so you could leave your can of beer in the ice in the bucket in between sips. Now who wants to pay a prime price for a beer at the pool and take 2 sips and then the rest is warm beer? All of the beach restaurants have buckets of beer so why does PB want everyone to go to the beach restaurants to get buckets of beer and not give the hotel their business because they want to serve warm beers in plastic glasses? That is Crazy! We have been Timeshare owners for quite a few years and they always had their shuttle service to the airport posted as times of 930am 1115am 130pm and 330pm
Now,they only offer the shuttle at 730am 1115am and 130pm. The bell boys said hardly anyone ever uses and 730am shuttle. I booked my flight at 550pm knowing that they have always had a 330pm shuttle (all of the 7 yrs we have been going to Blanco) When we were there we find out that the latest shuttle is 130pm and we would get to the airport almost 4hrs early! Then like another reviewer mentioned they offered a $110 taxi for 2 people to go at 330pm so the hotel totally jacks the price up from $22pp for the shuttle to $110 for a taxi and they totally make you pay extra because they don't want to make it convienent for the guest. Also on the information newsletter they give out it says the Private vans are available if need for $110.00us(1-5people) but we were going to try to share with other people and the concierge said 2 people is $110 but more people would be $127.00. That is a real rip off that the hotel is doing this to the guest. It is very disappointing. I would like the general manager to make a comment on these changes which are NOT customer friendly. It's almost like management doesn't care because in 2020 the timeshare owners will be over and maybe the hotel is going to be gone too! Also as someone said in a review they make you go to the timeshare lady at the desk to get your pool cards! That is such a rude thing to do, because they previously had you go to the desk and get a free drink card for your trouble to listen to her, now you have to do that to get your pool towel card, which should be given with your room key like all other hotels. I think management needs to look at some of the stupid new policies that they are doing and go back to how they were doing it before, because they are going to make customers go elsewhere. This hotel has always been our "home away from home" but management is really trying to ruin that! It is really sad! I do want to commend our maid we had for our room 205 Maribel she is fabulous! And our favorite friends at the Bell desk, Antonio, Frankie, Oscar, Arturo they are all fabulous! Antonio is wonderful, he brought our luggage to our room upon check in so quickly, we didn't even have to wait. Then when we went to check out he came so quickly to our room to help us take it to the lobby and then he held it at the bell desk until our shuttle time. Thanks so much to these great guys and gal! We love all the workers, but the management and Ernesto Coppel needs to learn how to treat guests like their bottom line staff treats guests....because Cabo's economy would not survive without us tourists! The cruise ships have quit coming in like they used to, now do they want to scare away hotel guests?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
In Pueblo Bonito our main goal is the satisfaction of our guests and our staff work focused on it, so thank you to this reviewer for their good comments about them who do their best everyday.
We welcome this reviewer’s comments, but like all companies in the world there are certain things to change over the years and we are no exception. We regret that this causes dissatisfaction to our reviewer, but hope he will understand that everything is in favor of continuous improvement.
In the past we had only internet in the pool area, now it has reached different areas including the rooms. Indeed there is a cost, however our sister hotel, Pueblo Bonito Rosé, which is located 200 meters walk, offers a free area at the Toscano Plaza, behind the Deli, for use by guests of both hotels, who are welcome to use it.
The hotel-airport shuttles, which are an external service, set times at 7:30 am, 9:30 am, 11:15 am and 1:30 pm, trying to adapting to the most requested flights, but there are private shuttles priced at $ 110 USD. for 1-5 people, a 6 to the 8 person fee would be $15.00 USD each. If a guest wants to share with other guests, he can do it, but that is a direct deal between them, the hotel is not involved in this, but at the Concierge we will provide the whole information to clarify any situation.
The delivery system towels cards is made now by our hostess in front of the lobby, to expedite the check-in process from our receptionists. We hope that our reviewer understand that there are procedures that have to be changed for improvement and efficiency of the operation, but we are infinitely grateful for his comments. We assure that we will continue working to ensure that all our guests perceive the Mexican warm hospitality.

Goyita Osako, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

From the beautiful lobby to the kindness of the staff, first class service here. I had recent knee surgery and had to sleep on the couch and the staff went out of their way to make it as comfortable as possible at 11 pm. The views are fabulous. Clean rooms, could use some updating. Restaurants were wonderful. Martin at the main bar was so accommodating and Freddie,our pool waiter, treated us like royalty. We made many friends around the pool for the week and will continue with these friendships. Love having the other Pueblo Bonito hotels to visit and eat at as well. Next year we are planning two weeks. Thanks,staff.

Room Tip: 415 has a straight on view of Medano Beach
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Carson City, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My spouse and I are 20 year owners - we come every year. The hotel is the best in Cabo. It is well kept and cozy. You know you're in Mexico - unlike most of the new Pueblo hotels that look like any 'ole US hotel. Do skip the meal plan, skip eating at the hotel. There are much cheaper places, better drinks (i.e. not watered down) better food, better wait staff down the beach and uptown. No, you won't get sick. This time down, the hotel was holding our pool towel cards hostage. Made us go to the concierge who was going to give us the "going to see the Sunset timeshare" spiel before she'd give us our cards. I said we'd seen it and weren't interested. About that time, she got a phone call, talked and talked. Fifteen minutes without an explanation or apology to me. Held our pool cards the whole time leaving me standing there. She was definitely on a power trip. I can't tell you how angry I was with the hotel for making this type of cheap trick timeshare selling be their policy. Holding towel cards hostage? And to then have their staff treat someone the way I was treated. "No" to a timeshare presentation should mean no - without incurring a penalty or power play. I gave the property a 5 because it is excellent. Staff can come and go so I didn't want to down rate the hotel based on one staff who hopefully won't be employed there next year.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms - all have an ocean view. However, 2 through the top are a little better with...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Our All Inclusive program offers a variety of food and drinks, they are of high quality and are prepared under strict hygienic standards.We would have liked that our reviewer had chosen our restaurants, but we respect his decision of eating at different places in town, but at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos we care about giving quality products and all are prices are affordable. Our Hostess delivers the towel cards to all our guests upon check in, be sure we will reinforce this procedure. I am sorry that this procedure has bothered you.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding and it was wonderful. Spacious & clean rooms,a fun pool, beautiful beach access and within walking distance of restaurants (and a Starbucks). You can take a shuttle to each of the three different resorts- I HIGHLY recommend the rooftop pool at the Sunset resort. It was fantastic! There are different gym facilities- I stayed at the Blanco and believe it's the smallest gym of the three. It was adequate and had everything you would need (treadmills, elliptical, weights, etc). From what I understand they improve from there- so if you have the urge to get a quick workout in- you can! The food was great and everyone was very helpful and friendly. I was fully able to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery that Cabo has to offer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear KristenS,

We feel flattered after reading such a nice review, it is great to hear you had a great time during your stay with us and that you could also enjoy spending time at the Skypool in Sunset Beach.

Hope to welcome you anytime soon!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

First of all let me say that even though the resort is 15 years old it is kept up immaculately!! A few things I wanted to share that I was disappointed in:
1. I paid over $5.00USD for a USA Today newspaper only to get it to my room to find out it was Friday - Sunday & I purchased on Monday!! Went to the front desk only to hear the new one comes out in the afternoon...........well discard the old one!!
2. They don't have any ice machines even though you have ice buckets in your room. No one tells you the ice is free but there is a $5.00 delivery charge!! Found out during the stay if you take your ice bucket to one of the bars you can get it filled for nothing.
3. The resort adds a $1.50USD charge per day to your room as a donation. When asked you can have it removed. Don't feel anything should be added to your bill without your consent.
4. My room had an envelope for the maid service, as the week went by I was adding my Mexican money to that. My check out was Saturday on Thursday I went to add something to the envelop and it was gone!!! Directions on the envelop said you were to drop off at front desk at check out........guess my maid service was afraid I wasn't going to do that.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for an oceanview this resort sits right on the ocean but there are some rooms witho...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for taking he time to review us.
The newspaper USA Today gets to Los Cabos from Monday to Friday, we do not receive in on weekends. Our Tobacco Shop and Deli attendants inform our guests about it, when they want to purchase it, so they can take their decision to buy ir or not. We do not have ice machines available in the hallways, but may request a small bag at Suite Service or buy a larger bag in the Deli. The ice containers located in the rooms are part of the amenities of the rooms. For our All Inclusive guests, there is a charge of $ 5.00 USD. by delivery service in Suite Service. The maid’s envelope normally is delivered at the reception, perhaps in this case, our maid got confused and thought that the envelope was ready, we regret this situation.
I hope your return to Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos.

Tofino, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Myself, my mother inlaw, her best friend, my sister inlaw stayed here in mid April for 2 weeks and I must say.. this place was amazing! Right from the beginning the agents at the front desk were filled with smiles and were VERY helpful! We stayed in a One Bedroom for the first night and I must say with all of us ladies it was a little tight. We spoke with the staff at the front desk and they gave us an upgrade to one of their 2 bedroom "presidental" suites. WOW! The kitchen was a great size (we didn't do all inclusive so the kitchen was great for cooking meals). Beautiful views from both bedrooms and living rooms, 2 different decks which were very private and the bathrooms were a great size!

The housekeeping staff were great the entire stay! Always asked if we wanted stuff and remembered that we needed extra dish towels and only wanted our beds changed every couple of days!

The servers on the beach were GREAT! They work their puts off and do it with a smile :) very polite and always remember what types of drinks you enjoy! When they werent crazy busy (which was rare) they would spend time with their guests!

The food at the Resort was not 100%... the ceviche was AMAZING but the shrimp cocktail really lacked in taste.. but after letting the server know they apologized and replaced the shrimp cocktail with more ceviche :)

The pool was a great size and temperature was perfect! The decore is fun and very Mexican (unlike a few other resorts).. they have birds, fish and turtles which is great for the kids!

What I loved most about this Resort besides the staff was the fact that you are right on the ocean and you can swim! HUGE plus because were I live the water is WAY to cold! I give this resort a 99 out of 100! We are looking forward to our trip next year with the rest of the gang!!!

Room Tip: If you are 4 people or more ask for a 2 bedroom.. the one bedrooms are a little to small and the pul...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sampbo,

We feel pleased after reading such a nice and friendly review, we are glad that you had the time to enjoy all of our facilities and that you had a wonderful time with the girls during your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcome you anytime soon!

Encinitas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I spent 8 nights at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos this April. Our first visit was May, 2012, which was a wonderful trip. On this visit, my husband, myself, my sister and her fiance' arrived only to be greeted with the announcement that they had no rooms available! We had booked our vacations many months in advance and were distressed to find out that they told us we were going to be taken to the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Resort. We had previously visited there and did not like it at all and did not like the weather on the Pacific. So we reluctantly went and did not enjoy it at all, beside the fact that we missed being at the beautiful "Blanco" as this hotel is called, and also could not unpack until we returned the next day and finally got our rooms. We do want to say that we LOVE our favorite waiter Demetrio! and appreciated the kindness and efficiency of Andrea at the front desk! Don't know if we will return out of fear of having the same experience in the future, which is very disappointing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos? Share your experiences!