“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
New York City, New York
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding and it was wonderful. Spacious & clean rooms,a fun pool, beautiful beach access and within walking distance of restaurants (and a Starbucks). You can take a shuttle to each of the three different resorts- I HIGHLY recommend the rooftop pool at the Sunset resort. It was fantastic! There are different gym facilities- I stayed at the Blanco and believe it's the smallest gym of the three. It was adequate and had everything you would need (treadmills, elliptical, weights, etc). From what I understand they improve from there- so if you have the urge to get a quick workout in- you can! The food was great and everyone was very helpful and friendly. I was fully able to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery that Cabo has to offer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear KristenS,

We feel flattered after reading such a nice review, it is great to hear you had a great time during your stay with us and that you could also enjoy spending time at the Skypool in Sunset Beach.

Hope to welcome you anytime soon!

Goyita Osako, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

First of all let me say that even though the resort is 15 years old it is kept up immaculately!! A few things I wanted to share that I was disappointed in:
1. I paid over $5.00USD for a USA Today newspaper only to get it to my room to find out it was Friday - Sunday & I purchased on Monday!! Went to the front desk only to hear the new one comes out in the afternoon...........well discard the old one!!
2. They don't have any ice machines even though you have ice buckets in your room. No one tells you the ice is free but there is a $5.00 delivery charge!! Found out during the stay if you take your ice bucket to one of the bars you can get it filled for nothing.
3. The resort adds a $1.50USD charge per day to your room as a donation. When asked you can have it removed. Don't feel anything should be added to your bill without your consent.
4. My room had an envelope for the maid service, as the week went by I was adding my Mexican money to that. My check out was Saturday on Thursday I went to add something to the envelop and it was gone!!! Directions on the envelop said you were to drop off at front desk at check out........guess my maid service was afraid I wasn't going to do that.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for an oceanview this resort sits right on the ocean but there are some rooms witho...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for taking he time to review us.
The newspaper USA Today gets to Los Cabos from Monday to Friday, we do not receive in on weekends. Our Tobacco Shop and Deli attendants inform our guests about it, when they want to purchase it, so they can take their decision to buy ir or not. We do not have ice machines available in the hallways, but may request a small bag at Suite Service or buy a larger bag in the Deli. The ice containers located in the rooms are part of the amenities of the rooms. For our All Inclusive guests, there is a charge of $ 5.00 USD. by delivery service in Suite Service. The maid’s envelope normally is delivered at the reception, perhaps in this case, our maid got confused and thought that the envelope was ready, we regret this situation.
I hope your return to Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos.

Yours cordially,
Tofino, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Myself, my mother inlaw, her best friend, my sister inlaw stayed here in mid April for 2 weeks and I must say.. this place was amazing! Right from the beginning the agents at the front desk were filled with smiles and were VERY helpful! We stayed in a One Bedroom for the first night and I must say with all of us ladies it was a little tight. We spoke with the staff at the front desk and they gave us an upgrade to one of their 2 bedroom "presidental" suites. WOW! The kitchen was a great size (we didn't do all inclusive so the kitchen was great for cooking meals). Beautiful views from both bedrooms and living rooms, 2 different decks which were very private and the bathrooms were a great size!

The housekeeping staff were great the entire stay! Always asked if we wanted stuff and remembered that we needed extra dish towels and only wanted our beds changed every couple of days!

The servers on the beach were GREAT! They work their puts off and do it with a smile :) very polite and always remember what types of drinks you enjoy! When they werent crazy busy (which was rare) they would spend time with their guests!

The food at the Resort was not 100%... the ceviche was AMAZING but the shrimp cocktail really lacked in taste.. but after letting the server know they apologized and replaced the shrimp cocktail with more ceviche :)

The pool was a great size and temperature was perfect! The decore is fun and very Mexican (unlike a few other resorts).. they have birds, fish and turtles which is great for the kids!

What I loved most about this Resort besides the staff was the fact that you are right on the ocean and you can swim! HUGE plus because were I live the water is WAY to cold! I give this resort a 99 out of 100! We are looking forward to our trip next year with the rest of the gang!!!

Room Tip: If you are 4 people or more ask for a 2 bedroom.. the one bedrooms are a little to small and the pul...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sampbo,

We feel pleased after reading such a nice and friendly review, we are glad that you had the time to enjoy all of our facilities and that you had a wonderful time with the girls during your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcome you anytime soon!

Encinitas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I spent 8 nights at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos this April. Our first visit was May, 2012, which was a wonderful trip. On this visit, my husband, myself, my sister and her fiance' arrived only to be greeted with the announcement that they had no rooms available! We had booked our vacations many months in advance and were distressed to find out that they told us we were going to be taken to the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Resort. We had previously visited there and did not like it at all and did not like the weather on the Pacific. So we reluctantly went and did not enjoy it at all, beside the fact that we missed being at the beautiful "Blanco" as this hotel is called, and also could not unpack until we returned the next day and finally got our rooms. We do want to say that we LOVE our favorite waiter Demetrio! and appreciated the kindness and efficiency of Andrea at the front desk! Don't know if we will return out of fear of having the same experience in the future, which is very disappointing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We enjoyed another wonderful visit to the Pueblo Bonito Blanco in April.

This time I did not have an updated room, so the huge televisions took up the entire dresser and counter space. I hope that more rooms get updated with flat screen TVs in the future, just to get more space. (See my previous review for photos of an updated room.)

The variety of toiletries has decreased again. The Blanco stopped offering hair conditioner a few years ago, and now they no longer offer bath gel. Count on shampoo and body lotion only.

In the past, we had to move the tray of expensive bottled water and packets of coffee from the small counter. Now there is just a sign offering things for sale. I’m glad that they don’t automatically include $4US bottles of water in the room.

I have included photos of the pull out couch bed. Others asked what the bed looked like. It’s not incredibly comfortable, but it’s sufficient for a night or two. Luckily we didn’t need that bed on our recent trip.

The pool area varied in crowds. One day we found only one single chair without a towel or a person around 2:00 pm, and the next day there were many chairs available. I watched one couple reserve two shaded chairs by the pool from 11 am till 2 pm, finally return to the pool for 20 minutes, then gather up their towels and head back to their room. I also saw towels being placed on chairs in the dark at 6 am, but I didn’t hang around to see when the owners actually showed up as I went fishing.

Overall, I guess the changes at the Blanco are okay. The staff is still very friendly, the grounds upkeep is as good as ever, and the location is superb.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before committing to it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my second time visiting Cabo and my first at this hotel. The staff was friendly, and we were graciously upgraded to a bigger room once they had one available. We had views of the famous rocks and the ocean. The location couldn't have been better. We did the all-inclusive package, which we mainly used for drinks (the food was mediocre compared to some of the other restaurants in Cabo), but laying on the beach and not having to pull out pesos for every drink was wonderful. The pool is clean and feels like a paradise. The rooms are a bit outdated (our TV didn't work well at all) and the room service was extremely slow, but overall we had a fun time and we will never forget it. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cabo.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a great ocean view and book early.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Haleybee,

We would like to thank you for having such a positive attitude, we feel very happy after reading your nice review. It is great to hear you had a great and enjoyable time during your stay with us.
Looking forward to meet with you again.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Have owned here for years and enjoy my annual trip to Los Cabos...had a great start to the vacation for several reasons: great location, check bag service (especially Oscar) great restaurant/bar service, great maid service, great views, great pool, and great feeling of safety. However, I have noticed some changes not to my liking...the all inclusive option (if I wanted all inclusive I would go to the Riu) and the sense that the Bonito would rather serve the paying hotel guests , than the owners when it comes to room selection etc... crazy regulars who save 10 chairs around the pool and ten chairs on the beach... what gives... you are not the only ones at the resort; , bugs (little red ones, and small spiders and they bite), private taxis from the airport are approx $65-85, but hotel charges a non-negotiable cost of $110 come on.... its only a 40 minute ride.

Room Tip: There really aren't any bad rooms but... my favorites have afternoon sun
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos? Share your experiences!