“Awsome dive” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 186 activities in Cabo San Lucas
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Manta Scuba is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort specializing in quality dive instruction and custom tours of the Cabo San Lucas Marine Park and the Corridor.Manta Scuba also offers seasonal tours to snorkel with Whalesharks, dive Gordo Banks and Cabo Pulmo.The dive shop owns 3 boats customized for dive and snorkel trips available for private charters.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Pleasanton, California
“Awsome dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was a little nervous about diving in Mexico, members of my local Dive Club warned me that some companies don't follow the rules and aren't really watching out for your safety (ie. no safety stops, too deep of dives for skill level, gear issues, etc.). I used the resort concierge to see what companies they worked with and asked around about other companies- Manta was recommended. I booked with them over the phone. When I arrived-The shop staff were relaxed and helpful and the shop was clean and orderly. I was able to rent an underwater camera from them ($45 USD). They don't provide food on the boat, but there is a convenience store right next to the dive shop that you can purchase some snacks before you suit up. The staff did a really good job of fitting me correctly and quickly. Though I am a beginner diver, they treated me really well and didn't talk over my head or beyond my skill level. I really appreciated this and it helped me to feel comfortable with them.
The boat was clean and orderly. The boat crew didn't speak English, but it wasn't a problem. They were warm, friendly, and helpful with suiting up and gear prep- most conversations were done with hand signals.

The visibility was terrible (less than 10 feet), but the staff and crew of the shop and boat made it a wonderful trip! My dive instructor was Sam (from England)- he was totally wonderful- lots of knowledge of diving, the dive site, and the fish. He kept a close watch over me and made sure everything was good. I learned a lot on that dive and I enjoyed every cloudy minute of my underwater adventure!

I felt the price of the dive and equipment was fair, the dive locations were great, and the care given by the staff and crew was exceptional! I would also recommend Sam (from England) as a great dive instructor!

Visited July 2013
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hola Rosalind,

Thank you for your great review.

We are glad to know you found us to be within the highest standards of the diving industry. We know some places in foreign countries can be unreliable and it really makes us proud to know we could out stand beyond this reputation.

It is great to know you enjoyed the company of our crew and you were happy with your interactions, which made your experience wonderful.

We would highly recommend you to come back and dive with us during the fall, when the conditions are much better, so you will enjoy our excellent team and great dive conditions.

We look forward diving with you again on your next vacation to Cabo,
The Manta team

Scottsdale, Arizona
13 attraction reviews
“Great dive shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent a week in Cabo and, while we are avid divers with over 900 dives each, we knew we would only dive one day because of the non-divers in our group. We chose Manta Diving Center and were very pleased with their rental gear and service. Unfortunately the water was COLD (61-64 degrees) and the visibility wasn't very good.

Visited June 2013
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hello Alabamasusana,

Thank you for your good review.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed our great service and the high quality rental gear.

We would recommend you to visit us again in the fall (especially Oct-Nov) when the water is much warmer (average 84) and clearer (average 80 ft of visibility).

Once again thank you for your review.
Happy diving,
Hagai and the Manta team
Montreal, Canada
“Great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

What can I add to what has already been said about Manta Scuba on this posting? Before I decided to go with this operation for our diving group of 12, I've read some of the comments posted here and then told to myself that most people must have been paid or something to systematically give such positive reviews about them. But I decided to dive in anyway... And with no regrets, because I realized that every positive comment was well deserved: they don't need to pay you to give nice comments. As an operation, they will really go over and above their normal duties to make you feel they enjoyed your business. Want a good example of this? During our trip, Kiki, one of their great guides, took many superb underwater pictures and videos of our group with sea lions, schools of jacks and other beautiful marine life and made a CD out of it and gave it to one of our group for her to make copies for us. Unfortunately, she lost the CD. I wrote to Hagai and these guys managed to find those videos and send them back to me through Dropbox. Of course, don't expect them to do that with everybody since this would be lots of hassle for them, but that shows how caring these people are when the need is there. And I haven't talk about their services on boat and underwater yet. They adapt easily to the level of every diver and will do everything to satisfy everybody. We went to La Paz swimming with whale sharks and diving with sea lions, to Cabo Pulmo to litterally merge with a school of jacks and to Gordo banks to try and sea hammerhead sharks. But all this time spent with those people was great time because they really tried to satisfy our every need as divers and to provide us with an unforgettable experience. And sure they succeeded! So thanks again to all of you for a fantastic week of diving. We'll come back for sure!
Mario

Visited November 2012
Hola Mario,

It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your group diving with our team for the week. We are glad you could explore and experience many areas around the beautiful Sea of Cortez.

As you could see for yourself customer satisfaction is very important for us, even with big group we do our most to meet each and every individual expectations (and it is not always easy).

We will look forward to dive with you all again soon, and hopefully this time we will be able to see the Schooling Hammerhead Sharks with you.

Once again thank you for diving with us. We highly appreciate your comments.

Best regards,
Hagai Tzur
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Life Changing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I cannot say enough positive things about this dive shop. I pre-arranged my open water diver certification through Manta. I wasn't without my challenges making it through the course. My instructor Adrian, was remarkable. The epitome of a "teacher" - patient, understanding, encouraging, motivating, subject matter expert and demonstrator and all-around great person! I learned a lot about myself and earned my certification. The owner was extremely accommodating to my schedule and "made" it work for me. I will never forget Adrian and the Manta team for one of the most remarkable experiences of my life. Thank you!

Visited July 2013
Hi Leslie,
Thank you for choosing Manta Scuba as your dive center to complete your PADI Open Water Diver certification.
We are glad you had an overall great positive experience with the Manta team. It really makes us proud to see the smile on your face once you have overcome your challenges on your own, we are happy we have been there to assist and mentor you in any possible way.
We wish you all the best in your future dive adventure and we are sure you will have plenty more great experiences.
We hope to see you diving with us again to show you more of our wonderful underwater world.
Happy and safe diving,
Hagai Tzur,
General Manager,
mantascuba@gmail.com
caboscuba.com
“Top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Manta was great! The dive we went on was rough due to conditions, but our guide (Sam) did a great job as finding us good things to see. He even offered his own personal gloves if we were prone to cold.

We booked a two tank dive, but weather forced the close of the water and our second was cancelled. The shop owner (guy) refunded us the price difference between the 1 dive and 2 dive package without hesitation, which I thought was a very classy move. He's there to make sure you get a great experience, not take your money and run.

I would dive again with them having no hesitation. Manta Dive has great customer service, VERY good quality gear, and super friendly staff who made the best out of mother natures bad conditions. Thanks to all the Manta staff!

Visited June 2013
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hi cjheath,

Thank you for the kind review.

We are glad that we could make the most out of your dive experience here with Manta Scuba despite the unfavorable conditions.

We will be happy to have you diving with us again. We would recommend visiting us at the fall, usually during October-December the dive conditions are great for diving.
Feel free to contact us prior to your vacation so we can offer you some great dives.
Happy diving