This was our second trip to Cabo. I will start with the good. The location of this resort is perfect. The rooms & grounds were kept very clean. The beds/pillows were comfortable and the rooms had plenty of space. It was nice to have a roped off beach area so that vendors couldn’t hassle you. The gym was great; our friends really enjoyed the couples massage at the spa.
We did the whale watch tour with Whale Watch Cabo and it was the highlight of my trip. Not only did we see whales the entire time, the guide was a marine biologist that was very informative and could answer any question you had. Happy Endings Cantina is always a blast, Monkey Business has amazing fresh squeezed margaritas that are out of this world and we had a lot of fun at the Mango Deck.
We booked our round trip airport tranportation with Trip Trips since my husband brought golf clubs. The driver was courteous, on time and very well informed.
The bad: We were extremely disappointed in the AI. We felt nickeled and dimed the entire week. If you wanted coffee that was “included” in the morning, you had to go and get it from the restaurant. The same went for bottled water. Sometimes we’d ask for bottled water in the restaurants and were told they were out. Although there was a fridge in the room, it was not stocked with anything. There was no beer/liquor in the room either as we’ve had with other resorts in the past. There was a coffee machine in the room but the coffee, creamer, etc. delivered to the room was extra. AND anytime anything was brought to the room there was a $5 surcharge. It was advertised that there was 24 hour room service when we booked the trip, it stopped at 1AM. There was not a bite of food to be found on the property after 1AM. If you wanted premium liquor it was extra. If you wanted to eat at Fellini’s it was $10 per person extra then once inside, certain items on the menu were – you guessed it, extra. And the food was mediocre at best. Breakfast was my favorite; the woman at the omelet station did a wonderful job. I was afraid to eat anything else from the buffet as I sat and watched birds land on and eat from the serving utensils. Bird droppings on the chairs, birds landing on our plates as we ate - completely disgusting. And anytime you ordered ANYTHING, you had to sign for it. I’ve never had to do this at an AI before.
We took a trip to Wal-Mart to get coffee, creamer, bottled water and premium liquor. The prices were comparable to the states.
The shower in the room would go from warm, to scolding hot to freezing cold. The shower head also doesn’t move so the constant change in temperature is unavoidable.
The service itself was not very good either. I felt like we were overlooked with my all-inclusive wristband on. One of the friends we travelled with wanted bacon with breakfast and each morning he had to ask for it and wait and wait and wait. The waiter sure could have recognized him each morning and got a head start on getting some bacon cooked up. Wilver the poolside waiter was the only exception. And he took extra care and greeted me by name each morning. My husband enjoyed the sushi a lot but the service never came with a smile, just attitude.
As everyone in previous posts have said, if you want a pool chair you have to get up early and save it. I’d recommend bringing your own beach towels so you can recognize which is yours. A couple next to us placed bandanas on top of their towels which I thought was a great idea.
We have travelled to several parts of Mexico & have always been respectful of the people and the culture. We’ve always tipped well for service and remember when the people used to be nice. Each time we went downtown we were constantly being pushed drugs, it just didn’t feel safe anymore. We will find another place to vacation in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the many colors of Land's End and El Arco. Stroll to the vibrant downtown Cabo San Lucas, filled with restaurants and clubs. Walk on the few swimmable beaches in Cabo or just relax shades of crimson poolside or from your private balcony. Discover a restful spa and resort where warm hospitality and beauty harmonize to create the greatest of pleasures. Now offering a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos