I have traveled all over Mexico and have stayed in hotels all over the spectrum, so it is with that perspective that I write this review. We chose Cabo because it was the most convenient for my family members from different states to get together. We wanted a nice place and all inclusive to make it easy for everyone.
The positive aspects of the resort are the location and the nice rooms. The food at the restaurant was very good and the pool was nice.
At check in we were told that our family of 3 parties could not have rooms near each other because they were at capacity. Our rooms could not have been further apart if they had planned it that way. Come to find out, the place was at less than half capacity the whole time we were there, so maybe the desk staff was expecting a tip - I'm not sure. Not a big deal but it was an inconvenience for my elderly parents.
Don't upgrade to a junior suite. The bedrooms in these suites are by the walkway and you will be awoken at all times of the night and morning by other guests walking by or the maid's cart. The regular rooms aren't set up that way and are just as comfortable. The rooms are really lovely and well-appointed, but the beds are small - slightly larger than a single, so you and your spouse either have to sleep apart or risk falling out of the bed.
We had the all-inclusive bands, which the servers and bartenders treated with indifference and at times, hostility. It took about 2 days of heavy tipping to win them over and get them to brighten up when they saw our group. I had never experienced this in other areas of Mexico. There is usually a graciousness that sets Mexican hospitality apart from any other country. This was a new experience for me.
The front desk never had change so that we could tip their staff. In general, I felt a general lack of care whether we were there or not.
In this economy, I 'm surprised they don't try a little harder to please their guests and even get them to return. I did not dislike the resort but for the price we paid, it was not a good value and I would not stay there again. The next time I want an all inclusive experience on the beach, I'll be taking my money back to Dreams.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Hotel
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the many colors of Land's End and El Arco. Stroll to the vibrant downtown Cabo San Lucas, filled with restaurants and clubs. Walk on the few swimmable beaches in Cabo or just relax shades of crimson poolside or from your private balcony. Discover a restful spa and resort where warm hospitality and beauty harmonize to create the greatest of pleasures. Now offering a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Amex, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.