Before writing about my week at Pueblo Bonita Rose, I feel compelled to respond to those who had bad experiences while visiting Cabo. (1) The taxi service from the airport can be expensive if you are unprepared. But, don't blame the resort. The airport is an hour drive
from the resort. A little research would have led you to Cape Travel taxis that could be reserved from your home, via the internet, before you departed. My wife and I paid a total of $38 for the trip from the airport to the resort ($19 per person). Dropped us off at the front door. (2) Easiest way to avoid that $18 tequila shot is buy your own tequila. Asking how much the drinks are before ordering helps too. Then you can make a choice whether or not you wish to spend that for a drink. I didn't like spending $12 for a pina colada, but that was my choice to do so. (3) Don't know if these travelers had ever been to Mexico before, but beach sellers are common everywhere. That's how they make a living. Just a "No gracias" to them and they are gone. As far as offers for "weed or coke", we were in Cabo for eight days and never experienced this type of sale offer. It's unfortunate that some visitors had that experience. (4) We found all the staff that we dealt with to be friendly, cordial and helpful. Naturally, if you go to a resort that deals with timeshares and was also offering "all inclusive" the people are going to do their thing. Firm no's and thank you's usually work. That being said, I will say that we had a great week at Cabo. Easy walk to town or $6 taxi ride or 6 peso bus ride. The resort food was good, but we also enjoyed eating away from the resort. We did use the fishing charter that the resort is hooked up with, but we went directly to them and arranged our fishing day and it was no more than any of the other fleets. Walking the Marina and getting fishing FYI was fun. The pool area is great, even though a fair skinned man from Minnesota could have used a bit more shade. We really do not have anything to complain about our week at Pueblo Bonita Rose' or our time in Cabo. My wife is a beachcomber so she was disappointed by the lack of shelling in the area. But we both would return to the Rose' in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the many colors of Land's End and El Arco. Stroll to the vibrant downtown Cabo San Lucas, filled with restaurants and clubs. Walk on the few swimmable beaches in Cabo or just relax shades of crimson poolside or from your private balcony. Discover a restful spa and resort where warm hospitality and beauty harmonize to create the greatest of pleasures. Now offering a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos