For an "All inclusive" there was certainly a lot, of extra charges. Complimentary coffee in room was $14.99 USD if you dare open it. Bring your own sugar and cream, it's not provided. Complimentary water and soft drinks, $6.00 each. No robes in rooms, or alcohol in the drinks. That would be considered premium bar and extra fee again. Room service, extra charge for the same menu. Be careful, review your bill. $75 for a lock for the safe in your room. $10 fee for a community donation of some sort, extra fees for water to launder linens, Et cetera.
Employees were not eager to assist, or friendly, but expected tipping. Really? My husband went up to the pool bar to get a pool menu, 5 employees talking, not acknowledging him or others. After 5 minute of waiting, my husband finally asked, can I see a menu for the pool area, their reply was they had to find one, and then they would bring it by. 15 minutes later..... We decided to go into town, for great, friendly service. The feeling that you are imposing on others is not acceptable in the hospitality / hotel industry.
Ernest one of the restaurant captains, was exceptional, friendly, and very accommodating. Always welcoming. He was the only one.
Weekend was quieter than during the week. A lot of construction noise, building the new Solmar resort.
Loved Cabo, will NOT EVER stay at Solmar. I will be sure to tell all my friends and business associates to beware, and choose somewhere else to vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a warm, welcoming hotel in Cabo San Lucas with a spectacular view, central location and attentive service? Look no further than The Solmar All Inclusive Resort and Beach Club. This cozy Mexican property is nestled on the exclusive Playa Solmar at the southernmost tip of the Baja peninsula where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez. Featuring one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California, The Solmar is just steps from the shopping, dining, and nightlife of downtown Cabo San Lucas and the bustling Cabo Marina.On top of all the sun and fun, The Solmar Resort is All Inclusive. You can enjoy a la carte meals, drinks and snacks at all the resort restaurants, plus theme nights, social activities and much more. There are no buffet lines. Just fresh food, delicious dining and plenty of recreation when ever you’re ready. The All Inclusive Plan includes a welcome cocktail in the Trebol Restaurant Bar, a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner, theme night dinners, a sushi bar, and a wide range of beverages and snacks. But that’s not all. There are social activities, buy one get one free massages, laundry service, the use of fitness facilities, tennis courts and mini-golf at sister resort Playa Grande and even a 10% discount at the nearby Galeon, Romeo & Juliet and Hacienda Coyote restaurants. The Solmar Resort décor mirrors the unique desert-by-the-sea terrain characteristic of Los Cabos. Stone walls with arched doorways, tile floors and wood accents create a warm, authentic ambiance. Guests can choose from junior suites, studios and deluxe one-bedrooms. Every room features a patio or balcony overlooking Playa Solmar and the Pacific Ocean. The Sea of Cortez serves as a stunning backdrop at El Trebol sports bar and restaurant. Tejaban, the poolside bar, invites visitors to dine in shorts and swimsuits. And theme dinners are available at Tejaban restaurant. The Solmar is a dream come true for every member of the family. The three-section pool features a large children's area and swim-up cantina, while the adults-only pool provides wave-resistance lap swimming. The list of things to see and do in Los Cabos is almost endless. The concierge can arrange sport fishing, golf, sunset cruises, snorkeling, whale-watching and much, much more. And remember, when the sun goes down in Cabo, the nightlife heats up. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos