We purchased the LivingSocial all-inclusive package for our honeymoon. Solmar is kept very clean and the service is nice. We slept like babies in the king size bed, very comfortable. Upon arrival we have chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting for us. The hotel is dated but we loved the "true" mexican vibe. With the all inclusive you also get dinner at Puerto San Lucas restaurant and a shuttle there. This restaurant is AWESOME! There was a gentleman playing piano. They made fresh caesar salad right in front of us. I'd recommend you do not pass that up.
The beach at Solmar isn't swimmable but that's because it puts on a gorgeous show. The waves are huge and we stayed at the back of the resort and could hear them crash all night. So wonderful! We walked down the beach and climbed the rocks to Lovers Beach. This was a bit scary as the rocks at the bottom have a little sand on them but once you get over it's easier going down. Lovers beach is so great and swimmable. There are little caves you can explore.
We rented scooters for a day and drove them around town. We really enjoyed that. Everyone drives slow. Locals don't fully mind the "ALTO" (stop) signs and some cross streets have none so you just have to be careful. They're about $15/hr and $50/day but of course you can bargain with anyone there. That's off topic, I know, but when reading reviews I was looking for something about scooters and could barely find anything.
The food was good. We liked the snack bar the best at the top pool. They taste test their margaritas before they hand them out. They were perfect every time! The shrimp quesadillas with fresh guac and pico was DELICIOUS. I think I ordered that 3-4 times. Also, the surf and turf skewers were divine! My husband really liked the Sushi bar.
We really liked the location because it was quiet and you could hear the waves. When we drove our scooters through town at night there were TONS of drunk people and loud music. We were really glad to sleep away from that.
Overall, our experience was absolutely wonderful and we have no bad memories of our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos