We purchased the LivingSocial all-inclusive package for our honeymoon. Solmar is kept very clean and the service is nice. We slept like babies in the king size bed, very comfortable. Upon arrival we have chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting for us. The hotel is dated but we loved the "true" mexican vibe. With the all inclusive you also get dinner at Puerto San Lucas restaurant and a shuttle there. This restaurant is AWESOME! There was a gentleman playing piano. They made fresh caesar salad right in front of us. I'd recommend you do not pass that up.
The beach at Solmar isn't swimmable but that's because it puts on a gorgeous show. The waves are huge and we stayed at the back of the resort and could hear them crash all night. So wonderful! We walked down the beach and climbed the rocks to Lovers Beach. This was a bit scary as the rocks at the bottom have a little sand on them but once you get over it's easier going down. Lovers beach is so great and swimmable. There are little caves you can explore.
We rented scooters for a day and drove them around town. We really enjoyed that. Everyone drives slow. Locals don't fully mind the "ALTO" (stop) signs and some cross streets have none so you just have to be careful. They're about $15/hr and $50/day but of course you can bargain with anyone there. That's off topic, I know, but when reading reviews I was looking for something about scooters and could barely find anything.
The food was good. We liked the snack bar the best at the top pool. They taste test their margaritas before they hand them out. They were perfect every time! The shrimp quesadillas with fresh guac and pico was DELICIOUS. I think I ordered that 3-4 times. Also, the surf and turf skewers were divine! My husband really liked the Sushi bar.
We really liked the location because it was quiet and you could hear the waves. When we drove our scooters through town at night there were TONS of drunk people and loud music. We were really glad to sleep away from that.
Overall, our experience was absolutely wonderful and we have no bad memories of our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a warm, welcoming hotel in Cabo San Lucas with a spectacular view, central location and attentive service? Look no further than The Solmar All Inclusive Resort and Beach Club. This cozy Mexican property is nestled on the exclusive Playa Solmar at the southernmost tip of the Baja peninsula where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez. Featuring one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California, The Solmar is just steps from the shopping, dining, and nightlife of downtown Cabo San Lucas and the bustling Cabo Marina.On top of all the sun and fun, The Solmar Resort is All Inclusive. You can enjoy a la carte meals, drinks and snacks at all the resort restaurants, plus theme nights, social activities and much more. There are no buffet lines. Just fresh food, delicious dining and plenty of recreation when ever you’re ready. The All Inclusive Plan includes a welcome cocktail in the Trebol Restaurant Bar, a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner, theme night dinners, a sushi bar, and a wide range of beverages and snacks. But that’s not all. There are social activities, buy one get one free massages, laundry service, the use of fitness facilities, tennis courts and mini-golf at sister resort Playa Grande and even a 10% discount at the nearby Galeon, Romeo & Juliet and Hacienda Coyote restaurants. The Solmar Resort décor mirrors the unique desert-by-the-sea terrain characteristic of Los Cabos. Stone walls with arched doorways, tile floors and wood accents create a warm, authentic ambiance. Guests can choose from junior suites, studios and deluxe one-bedrooms. Every room features a patio or balcony overlooking Playa Solmar and the Pacific Ocean. The Sea of Cortez serves as a stunning backdrop at El Trebol sports bar and restaurant. Tejaban, the poolside bar, invites visitors to dine in shorts and swimsuits. And theme dinners are available at Tejaban restaurant. The Solmar is a dream come true for every member of the family. The three-section pool features a large children's area and swim-up cantina, while the adults-only pool provides wave-resistance lap swimming. The list of things to see and do in Los Cabos is almost endless. The concierge can arrange sport fishing, golf, sunset cruises, snorkeling, whale-watching and much, much more. And remember, when the sun goes down in Cabo, the nightlife heats up. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos