My husband and I just returned from our 5 day trip. We purchased a living social deal to this resort (5 nights for 1,000). We also used mileage for our airfare - we were purposely trying to make this a very inexpensive trip. So, for the money, it was fine overall.
Front desk staff was very nice, almost zero pressure from the time share staff, wait staff in the restaurant were great, pool service - average. Maid service was fine. They upgraded us to a deluxe suite and it was very large with a big kitchen, big living room, two bathrooms, two balconies. The bed was quite comfortable... I slept very well! The bathtub was a trip... it was HUGE... like 8 people could fit in there... it was vast and a bit bizarre, but the water pressure was great, so whatever :)
The food was totally mediocre. One of my "beefs" with the place was the beef. :) The flank steak tasted kind of processed and chewy. AND they tried to pass off flank steak as filet. They also tried to pass off rib eye as filet at the Puerto San Lucas restaurant. Very disappointing. You get to utilize the Puerto San Lucas restaurant one time during the trip (it's a restaurant over by the sister property Playa Grande) but really it was horrible. Ambience was not like a fine dining establishment - did not feel comfortable and I did NOT care for the food at all. Back to Tejeban. Breakfast was the best meal - pretty consistent and yummy. It's too bad the food took so long though... personally I don't want to sit around for a 45 minute breakfast and you're forced to if you want to eat. The service really was great at the restaurant though.
The pool was ok. It was dead the whole time, even while spring break was going on, the pool was never full. Very quiet music - random styles, just not a fun pool. There was a swim up bar... sometimes the service was great, sometimes horrible. Sometimes the drinks were great, sometimes very watered down, pretty random. Seats were plentiful, which is a plus. The adult pool was even quieter,, like silent.
The only other all-inclusive we have gone to was the ME cancun (with the level experience) which is like way hipper, more interesting, just a much higher level of amenities, etc. BUT, that cost more than twice as much.
You get what you pay for to a degree. Also included in our package was a two for one to a cabo adventures excursion. We booked a luxury sailing adventure which was AWESOME! Great guides, saw whales, snorkeled, paddleboarded, great food and drinks. Exceptional excursion.
It was Easter so we went to church (there's an English speaking church downtown) - wasn't our cup of tea particularly, but they were friendly.
We also went to Cabo Wabo, Mango Deck, my husband went jet skiing, we walked around a bit, but we spent at least half our time at the hotel.
Oh, one more thing that I thought was very lame was that they were so intent upon selling time shares at the new property next door, Grand Solmar, you couldn't even walk on the property unless you agreed to a time share presentation. The restaurant on that property, La Roca, looked like it might be better than the food we'd had so far, so I asked if we could go there and pay full price and they said NO! We couldn't even have the pleasure of dining there!? Really? I think that's ridiculous. They just lost business... don't get that.
The guacamole was very good - and they put about a ton of cheese on everything.
We lucked out on the construction - being Easter weekend, they weren't working Thursday - Sunday, so the construction began Monday and Tuesday we left. It really wasn't super noisy. Worse up top, and barely could be heard down by the pool.
What else? it's just gorgeous there.. beautiful views - comfortable, long walk from the top hotel portion down to the pool/restaurant,,, but you need to walk a lot on vacation if you don't want to put on 5 lbs right? :)) The property is on the end of the little penninsula - by the arches - so it's more secluded in location. I liked that.. 10-15 walk to the marina... easy to get around. Oh, the RIDGE property is GORGEOUS! We sort of snuck in and looked around and it was beautiful... I would consider staying there.
I guess that's about it. For the money, it was a nice, relaxing, middle of the road getaway. Compared to our previous all-inclusive, it was lacking in several ways, but the service was excellent, basic needs were met, and we had fun overall :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos