To put things into perspective a little, I am a 24 year old woman who traveled to Cabo for the first time with my 29 year old boyfriend. Sure we like to party, but I was looking forward to this trip more for the relaxation it might offer due to the stress I have accumulated from my job. I purchased a Living Social voucher for a four night stay at Solmar in an all-inclusive junior suite that we redeemed March 28-April 1. Our trip could not have been more perfect! I truly have no complaints. Everyone was so friendly and I felt very comfortable and safe in our new surroundings.
Upon arriving, we were informed that we were being upgraded from a junior suite to a one bedroom suite! Although it was more than we needed (kitchen, living space, separate bedroom, two bathrooms, and two balconies), it was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are what I would expect to be somewhat antiquated in comparison to newer resorts, but nothing to be concerned with--all amenities were taken care of. As promised our fridge was stocked with two cokes, two sprites, two waters, and two tecates. So far, so good!
As we had had a long day, we quickly found our way down to Solmar's only, but very sufficient restaurant, Tejeban. To our surprise, Thursday night is seafood buffet night, so we helped ourselves to that instead of ordering off the menu. At the end of our meal, we were asked to sign our check, which we were forewarned about by the front desk. Throughout or stay, in the back of my mind, I kept thinking there would be a fat check waiting for us at checkout but no! All was well! Also, I believe I read that tips were included, so I never tipped while there--I started to second guess myself on the tipping, but we saw the same wait staff daily and everyone was still very friendly so I figured I was in the clear on that. Although there is only the one main restaurant on site, I never felt like my options were limited. There is also a sushi factory by the pool and an upper pool snack shack that offers more appetizer/ comfort food options like hot wings, nachos, and quesadillas. Also, we were informed that we could also eat at Puerto San Lucas as part of our all-incusive package but by reservation (we never made it there). I was very satisfied with the food and the options available. It was also great being able to take leftovers back to the room as if you want food after 10, you will be ordering room service at an additional charge.
Having never been to Cabo, both of our parents were very much concerned about safety. Where Solmar is located could not be more perfect when it comes to safety because it is located down its own private road, somewhat away from all the downtown partying. The upside though is that it is also a stone's throw away from the downtown Cabo area should you want to dapple in the bar scene or even shop for souvenirs. It is only about a 10-15 minute walk to the Marina where the tours take off from as well. Although you should not go in the ocean off Solmar, I found it to be a positive because it made the area much quieter and safer. You don't have random people walking around the beach area. Also, Solmar is a much smaller resort than others in the Cabo area when you look at how many rooms there are--this also provides for the much more peaceful and personable experience.
Although I keep mentioning that Solmar is not RIGHT in the middle of the action if you are going there to party, do not get me wrong--the parties are VERY close if that is what you are looking for. In fact, when it comes to who was staying at the resort, I would say a mix of people of all ages. You had families, true single spring breakers in groups, young couples, older couples--you name they had it, and everyone looked to be enjoying the resort in their own way.
One of the most amazing things to me is that even though there is only one restaurant and two pools, nothing was ever packed! I think their hours help to get people in at different times easing the traffic. I loved that we never had to wait to be seated or felt crowded in the pool area.
Only one thing to add about the nearby construction--because we arrived late on Thursday, woke up early on Friday for a ziplining adventure through Cabo Adventures, and left early Monday, the construction next door did not really affect our visit or sleep. I heard it slightly Monday morning around 7am as we were getting ready to head to the airport, but I don't think it would have awoken us.
I would definitely recommend Solmar to anyone because I can see how it could fit anyone's needs regardless of the varying reasons to visit Cabo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos