I ended up at Solmar by purchasing a voucher on Living Social, at a price too good to be true, so I was really nervous that Solmar would be a dump.
This was my 6th trip to Mexico and my 5 nights at Solmar are some of the most memorable, I would love to go back. Solmar is a comfortable and unpretentious resort, and the staff were so friendly and helpful. We had an end unit with 2 balconies with an ocean view, a king size bed, 2 bathrooms a full kitchen.
For just 2 of us it was huge. The decor was old Mexico with gorgeous tile on the floors and counters. The dolphin headboard was a little cheesey, but this was a beach resort afterall. It was our 10th anniversary and Gloria had the bed made with 'I love you' in rice, it was so cute and unexpected. We ate most of our meals at the resort and I never had something that wasn't delicious. There's a little sports bar that had fried fresh fish, at the pool I had perfectly prepared sushi, and the food in the dining room beautifully presented. Jose was one of our favorite waiters. Jesus at the pool, kept the snacks and drinks coming. On our last night there was a little fiesta with singing, dancing and a Mexican buffet. It was our anniversary night and our waiter Daniel surprised us with a bottle of champagne. There was so much, I asked him to pour some for all the other fiesta guests. It was a fun and memorable night. If I had to think of one negative, it's that this resort is on the Pacific ocean, and there is no swimming allowed. The beach is very clean, and vendors aren't allowed, so that almost makes up for it. If you're looking for relaxing trip, Solmar is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a warm, welcoming hotel in Cabo San Lucas with a spectacular view, central location and attentive service? Look no further than The Solmar All Inclusive Resort and Beach Club. This cozy Mexican property is nestled on the exclusive Playa Solmar at the southernmost tip of the Baja peninsula where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez. Featuring one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California, The Solmar is just steps from the shopping, dining, and nightlife of downtown Cabo San Lucas and the bustling Cabo Marina.On top of all the sun and fun, The Solmar Resort is All Inclusive. You can enjoy a la carte meals, drinks and snacks at all the resort restaurants, plus theme nights, social activities and much more. There are no buffet lines. Just fresh food, delicious dining and plenty of recreation when ever you’re ready. The All Inclusive Plan includes a welcome cocktail in the Trebol Restaurant Bar, a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner, theme night dinners, a sushi bar, and a wide range of beverages and snacks. But that’s not all. There are social activities, buy one get one free massages, laundry service, the use of fitness facilities, tennis courts and mini-golf at sister resort Playa Grande and even a 10% discount at the nearby Galeon, Romeo & Juliet and Hacienda Coyote restaurants. The Solmar Resort décor mirrors the unique desert-by-the-sea terrain characteristic of Los Cabos. Stone walls with arched doorways, tile floors and wood accents create a warm, authentic ambiance. Guests can choose from junior suites, studios and deluxe one-bedrooms. Every room features a patio or balcony overlooking Playa Solmar and the Pacific Ocean. The Sea of Cortez serves as a stunning backdrop at El Trebol sports bar and restaurant. Tejaban, the poolside bar, invites visitors to dine in shorts and swimsuits. And theme dinners are available at Tejaban restaurant. The Solmar is a dream come true for every member of the family. The three-section pool features a large children's area and swim-up cantina, while the adults-only pool provides wave-resistance lap swimming. The list of things to see and do in Los Cabos is almost endless. The concierge can arrange sport fishing, golf, sunset cruises, snorkeling, whale-watching and much, much more. And remember, when the sun goes down in Cabo, the nightlife heats up. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos