“Best staff anywhere -- Love them all!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club

You added Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club to your Saves list
Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Solmar #1 | Col. Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Maple Valley, Washington
“Best staff anywhere -- Love them all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've been coming to Solmar since 1991, and this is my first review. This year I stayed three weeks, one as an owner and two through RCI trades I'd been saving. First of all, thanks to Nicte-Xa for confirming my units so we only had to move once. And super thanks to Andres, Juan, Gerardo and David -- who haul the luggage, golf clubs, groceries or anything else you request. They are the best!! The front desk staff -- Raymundo, Daniella and Javier were the three I saw most -- they were always smiling and professional in spite of some grumpy, tired travelers that I witnessed. My housekeepers Lety, Lupita and Augustina were always smiling, friendly and trying hard to understand my sign language -- lovely ladies and hard workers! And kudos to my favorite bartenders Gonzalo, Jose Luis and Enrique, along with super servers Vincente, Adrian and others. German was shoveling and raking sand every day but always had a smiling hello for me. I even needed maintenance twice (once a toilet, and once the kitchen power went out) and both times they arrived within ten minutes and fixed it pronto. All in all, it's the STAFF that make Solmar such a wonderful place. My bungalow was torn down for the mega resort, which made me so sad, but I still have a unit in Solmar Beach Club and have stayed in many SBC buildings, each unique. Every single visit has fulfilled my reason for coming... relaxing, de-stressing, sitting on the beach every morning for sunrise, watching whales, rays, dolphins, birds and fish, and getting to release baby turtles this year -- WOW, fabulous sunsets, and visiting with many friends I've made who also visit Solmar this time of year. Such a pleasure, and I can' wait for next year! My only piece of advice is to add "Watch your Step" signs on the new pathway after you cross the bridge, and lights on both sides of that path. I'm the lady who smashed her face at 10pm because of low light and no signs. I also believe that SBC owners should be able to visit Grand Solmar as they wish -- after all, we helped build it. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
luis a, Manager at Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear customer from Maple Valley, Washington;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Solmar, we appreciate very much your patronage along all this years. I am sharing your review with the personnel; front desk, maids, maintenance and restaurant, it invite us to do our best to provide you the best experience in order to exceed your expectations. I am feeling ashamed due of the accident you had on the outside path way, we are taking actions. By the other side we are glad you could enjoy all the nature and view from this little piece of paradise. We are looking forward to greeting you here again.

Cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Well we were surprised to read that this is an all-inclusive resort. However, we endorse the fact that this is a special place, what with the rocks, the whales, the waves and this year the yoga!!! Never would I have believed that my Wigan born husband would practice yoga almost every day!! Well the fact is: he knows quality when he sees it. He did marry me!!!
Pati, the entertainments leader is a star!!! . I would say that the location, the activities, the quality of the staff and their friendliness together with the friendliness of the guests make this resort unique.

Room Tip: Away from the building of Grand Solmar
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
luis a, Manager at Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Ms. Farjen from United Kingdom;
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Solmar Resort. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your vacations and of all those things you recognize that make special this little paradise by land's end. I am sharing your comments with Patty so she is happy to know her efforts are well appreciated. It invites us to continually deliver the best experience to you to exceed in full your expectations. Please do not wait too long to come back and allow us to pamper you as you deserve.
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Solmar is a quiet resort on a large private beach on the Pacific side of Cabo, snugged up to the rocks that lead to the famous Arch. Many people who come here have returned year after year to enjoy the fishing, the quiet and the casual atmosphere that is Solmar.

I want to make special mention of Patty Winkler, the Activities Director at Solmar, who provided invaluable help in rehabilitating my painful hip, through daily water aerobics classes and other activities. Every morning, Patty leads a Yoga session on the beach, which was well-attended by both men and women. Following the Yoga, Patty took on a very enthusiastic group of aqua aerobic students each day at about 11 o'clock. Our particular class plans on returning at the same time next year. We can't wait to work with Patty again!

After the morning exercise, Patty provides creative activities for the whole family, including bracelet making, face painting, temporary tattooing, Spanish lessons, and much more, according to guest requests and preferences. Patty also hosts special evening events at the resort. Thank you, Patty!

The excellent restaurant serves meals and snacks all day and evening. There is also a sushi bar poolside. One night a week there is a Mexican Fiesta, with a buffet of Mexican dishes and some very good entertainment.

Although views from many of the units are blocked by the newer Grand Solmar Resort on the adjacent property, the Solmar Beach Club is located entirely on the sand, with easy open access to beach chairs facing the surf.

A ten minute walk down the hill and around the marina will take you to the town of Cabo San Lucas, where there are numerous restaurants, bars and shops, and where it is safe to walk both day and night. From the marina you can go on a whale watching tour, swim with the dolphins, or charter a boat for fishing. On the far side of the marina, one can rent a jet ski or join in the fun at The Office, a bar right on the beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
luis a, Manager at Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear customer from Smith Mountain Lake, Va.;
Thank you very much for your kind comments, We are really glad to know that you have enjoyed your holidays at Solmar and Patty has contributed greatly, I'm sharing your comments with her who is happy to know that you have enjoyed the activities with her. Please do not delay in returning to Solmar Resort, we will gladly to greet you here.
Cordially; Luis Alvarez Resident Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My daughter and I took a very short get away trip (4 days) to Solmar and were so disappointed that we booked for such a short time! The resort is beautiful, quiet, clean and absolutely perfect! Its very nice that Solmar is small - only 100 units - but all the services are there - love, love, loved it!! The unit we had was terrific and the staff was incredible!! Jose, Raul, Samuel and all the other people that served us wonderful food (including great shushi) and great drinks were awesome. I have one complaint and that was that someone at the reception office gave us some wrong information when we first checked in - I attribute that to the person possibly being new. The short walk to downtown and the shops were a pleasant surprise!! I will definetly recommend Solmar to anyone looking in Cabos!! And I definetly will be coming back and next time it will be for a longer period of time!!

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom deluxe - located on the corner on the third floor - the room had 3 balconys and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
luis a, Manager at Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Ms. Linda R. from Phoenix Arizona;
Thank you very much for your valuable comments. I offer you an apology due of the misinformation incident you manifest. By the other side we are pleased to know that your brief stay has been pleasant and has enjoyed the Resort facilities as well as the customer services from our personnel. Nothing would make us happier than to attend to you on your next visit to Cabo. Best regards!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The all inclusive meals and drinks were fabulous!!! The restaurant manager and the servers were so attentive and great. The food was the most surprising, what a great value for all inclusive!!! Also, having access to Playa Grande was a great thing. Their pool is amazing! Great drinks for all inclusive also, and the sushi, pretty fabulous!!! Couldn't believe it!! Solmar was way better than I thought!!

• Stayed December 2012
luis a, Manager at Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear VerolunaLuis;
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Solmar. It is a pleasure to read you have enjoyed your holiday and that the program “all inclusive” worth it. We are glad to know we have covered your service expectations. Please do not wait too much to come back it will be our pleasure to greet you here at Solmar.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We spent a fabulous week at the Solmar. At check in Carmen Angel, was very efficient and sweet. All of the staff were incredibly friendly, polite and helpful. The unit was a one bedroom suite, poolside with a partial ocean view. It was a lot of room for two people, with a kitchenette and two baths! It was well appointed and very clean.the grounds were beautiful and well kept. One of the better things about Solmar is that it was a small resort with all the amenities minus the crowds. I must give a shout out to Placido Mendoza and Herebierto at the cafe, as well as Patty Winkler - social director, Adrian Ciuccno, Consalvo and all the wonderful wait staff. They made our vacation truly wonderful, and we will certainly recommend the resort to anyone we know heading to Cabo,,,, Michael and Janice Shaughnessy - Boston, Mass

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. & Ms. Shaughnessy;
We thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay at Solmar. Its a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your vacations and the amenities from the resort. I am sharing your comments with our personnel and they are very happy to know their efforts are well appreciated, it invites us to continually deliver the best experience to you to exceed in full your expectations. It will be our pleasure to greet you again at Solmar Resort.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had one of the best vacations ever in Cabo at the Solmar resort and Beach Club. I read many reviews of this property before deciding to choose it. We were not disappointed!!!! Our room was great ,Jr Suite, It was very clean and I guess the only negative we could find was there was no TV in the living room but who goes to Cobo to watch TV!!!!!! We had great food and great service thanks to Salvador, Raul and Jose at the restaurant. At the pool we were served by Vicente and Adrian most days and they were great. And what can I say about Jose who was at the Top bar and the pool bar!!!! Needless to say we had a great time!!!!! A special shout out to Annabell for a massage to die for...great hands.The location is great too because you can walk to the Marina and walk on the beach. Loved Cabo!!!

Room Tip: There is construction going on so be aware of that
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear customer from Nashville, Tennessee;

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay at Solmar Resort. We are glad to read you have enjoyed your vacation and our staff has contributed to this. It is gratifying to know that you found our secluded location very useful, certainly because of this you can enjoy the nature without be far away from downtown. Thank you again for your visit it will be an honor to greet you again at Solmar Resort.

Cordially

Been to Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club? Share your experiences!