“Go to this place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

624-105-1408
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Eat mouthwatering and amazing food at this quaint outdoor seated restaurant. Be sure to order a dish with the trademark chillpalla sauce.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Go to this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great food! Nice quit setting, perfect for couples! Staff were excellent!! Highly recommend, will be back again!!

• Visited January 2014
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your recommending us to other people, we truly appreciate your support and confidence in our business.
Thank you for chosing us for dinner I'm glad you enjoyed it.

• Polish first
Leon, Nicaragua
“One Of The Best - Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The crab chilpalla is one of the finest dishes I have ever eaten. I had never even heard of it before visiting, and the waiter insisted I try it. I can't thank him enough. It's a life-altering experience.

Go there. Eat that.

Everything else is good, too: the service, the wine selection, the atmosphere...

But-- crab chilpalla. Yes.

• Visited September 2013
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
To the crab chilpala lover, thanks for making me laugh and smile. I'm glad the waiter had you try the sauce. My wife has literally tried it on everything her favorite is over seafood pasta give it a try next time your in.
Thank you again for reviewing us, and trying us!
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful dinner, moderately priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is a charming restaurant, tucked away in downtown Cabo on a quiet street just a block away from Cabo Wabo. My wife and I had a lovely dinner here, starting with two Mojitos, the best we have ever had (and we make them at home all summer with mint from our garden). Diane had the Shrimp Chilpalla and I had the Garlic Fish of the Day, which happened to be marlin. Both were perfectly prepared and the Chilpalla sauce IS really wonderful; creamy with just a hint of spiciness, a sauce you can't not love. Our service was attentive, but not overly so, and accomodating. The atmosphere is very native to Baja with all natural materials and pleasant background music. We recommend it highly.

• Visited January 2014
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed our Mojitos, from one mojito lover to another I'm honored you enjoyed ours. The chilpala sauce is an d family recipe, it makes me happy that so many people enjoy it.
Thank you for chosing us for dinner and for helping our business by reviewing us we truly appreciate it.
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Garlic sauce as good as advertised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Enticed by previous reviews, our party of 6 dined here in December. Everyone was pleased with the food and service, but the highlight was a dish with pasta and shrimp in the special garlic sauce that we had read about. The woman who ordered it said it was definitely the best dish she ate in Cabo. She loved it so much, she asked for the leftover amount to be boxed up so that she could eat it for breakfast the next morning!

Visited December 2013
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hey thank you for coming in for dinner and taking time to review us, the pasta chilpala is my wife's favorite as well. Next time you come in ask for extra on the side with warm bread.
See you next visit to Cabo
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I'm puzzled by all the rave reviews on here for this place, because unlike the other Trip Advisor recc'd meals we had this one was very disappointing (FYI we ate here on December 21 2013).

The server asked my dad what kind of tortillas he wanted, then forgot to bring them with his meal (my mum and I got ours), we also had to ask about the rice since they forgot to put that on the plates, and it was brought out when we were almost done.

As well as randomly forgetting food, the servers had to be reminded for everything: when we were ready to order, when we realised they had forgotten things, when we wanted the bill. There was another family there at the same time as us who looked like they had been there a very long time.

The food was fine, but nothing I couldn't make out of an Old El Paso kit, and to be honest, that would probably have more flavour. Cabo has so many good restaurants, I wouldn't go back to this place on my next visit.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am truly sorry your expectations of service were not satisfied when dinning with us.
I wish you would have brought this to my attention or my managers at the time of service so we could have at least done something to compensate you for us not being on top of the service, i.e. rice and tortillas. I understand some people do not want to address the issue at the time of service not knowing how the owner might react and trip advisory is a great way to let the business owner know what happened, I just feel very bad that you left disappointed.
We strive always for excellent service and quality savory food, I can grantee you we use only fresh ingredients nothing ever out of a kit.
Again please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations.