“Great restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eat mouthwatering and amazing food at this quaint outdoor seated restaurant. Be sure to order a dish with the trademark chillpalla sauce.
Leawood, Kansas
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I read about the secret sauce so I made sure to order it, it did not disappoint, it was very good! The service was great, food was excellent and the drinks were wonderful. They make a great margarita, they use fresh grapefruit juice in their house margarita, very fresh tasting. It is worth the trek to find it (it is not very far, only a block past Cabo Wabo). This is a great restaurant, a definite staple for us when we are in Cabo.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Where does one begin about the sauce, it's amazing, I married Israel (owner) partially due to the sauce. I love it when others share my passion for it too.
Next time you come in ask for the Renee special ( pasta, shrimp, chicken and scallops with the sauce).
Thank you for reviewing us and trying us! I hope we get the honor in seeing you again

• Polish first
Troy, MI
“New favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We are so thankful for TripAdvisor because we have found out about so many wonderful restaurants in Cabo. But our newest (and now favorite) is Missiones de Kino - your #4. Open only for dinner, it has excellent quality food and service with good prices. You will not be disappointed.

Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
We are grateful for TA everyday too, thank you for trying us, and for taking time to review us.
I am so glad you enjoyed your dinning experience with us. I hope we get the to see you again on your next visit to Cabo.
Ocala, Florida
“Great hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been to Cabo numerous times but this was our first visit to Misiones De Kino. It was highly recommended by other travelers. It did not disappoint! Great food, great service and great atmosphere. We are so glad we tried it and we will be back. The special sauce was one of the best we have ever tasted. Prices are very good. A must for a visit to Cabo.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
I'm so glad you were referred to us, thank you! We get so many people that say the same thing they didn't know we were here, given the off the beat and path location. So we are always glad when we get new clients for the first time and they get to experience quant charm.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, but truly thank you for taking the time to try us.
central Illinois
“The special sauce is special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We heard that Israel had several entrees with his special sauce, so we had a predisposition to one of this entrees. All four of us ordered fish and octopus cooked with Israel's special sauce. The combination isn't on the menu but as we were deciding if we wanted fish or octopus, the server suggested "half-and-half." Voila, the choice was easy and we learned we couldn't have gone wrong with just one or the other. The sauce is creamy and has a mayonnaise component, so I was wondering if I would agree that it lived up to the high expectations since I'm not a big fan of mayo. I found it to be a nice sauce and change of pace from what we were used to at Cabo area restaurants. The entrees came with traditional and delicious fresh vegetables and Mexican rice. For dessert, I selected flan. This flan was special and we asked the server about what made it different. We guessed right on the cinnamon powder sprinkled over the top, but were stumped on any other ingredient. It turns out there was some Rompope drizzled on top which is a liqueur that we have run across elsewhere in Mexico once before. Delicious. Very attentive and personable staff.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
The sauce, I fell in love with it too, (and Israel the sauce was a bonus) I am allergic to dairy so I myself couldn't believe a creamy sauce could exit without dairy, but behold Chilpalla sauce it is heavenly and deliquete to make as well. Next time you come in you might want to try it over pasta with octopus, scallops and shrimp order extra bread so you can enjoy ever drop.

Thanks for reviewing us it means a lot.
“Shrimp to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is unbelievable. They have jumbo shrimp cooked three ways, all of which are great. My favorite is with the secret garlic sauce. A true chef must be cooking because the food is gourmet.

Love the title shrimp to die for! Thank you for taking the time to review us, TA is such a great way for people to get opinions and we appreciate it a lot. The secrets sauce is my favorite too, and the coconut mango too. The shrimp in the Baja are fabulous you just can't go wrong. Thank you again, look forward to serving you again.