“So glad we tried this place” 5 of 5 stars

624-105-1408
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Eat mouthwatering and amazing food at this quaint outdoor seated restaurant. Be sure to order a dish with the trademark chillpalla sauce.
Connecticut
“So glad we tried this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

First night in Cabo and we decided to give this place a try based on TA reviews. Once we found it ... it's a bit tricky if you are driving with all the one way streets ... we were greeted by their friendly staff. We both had the tortilla soup which was extremely tasty and generously portioned. We followed that by orders of 2 chilpalla (Secret Garlic Sauce) seasoned seafood dishes. The sea bass was terrific ... I never had chilpalla before and was pleasantly surprised. Ended dinner with some delicious fried iced cream.

This place is a real gem .... thank you Israel and staff!

• Visited January 2013
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We are grateful too that you were able to try us and that you had such a great experience.
The Secret Garlic Sauce (Chilpalla Sauce) is one of my favorites as well. We just started serving Crème Brule something new to try the next time your in town.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Misiones de Kino

• Polish first
Calgary, Canada
“Great Food and Best Mojitos in Cabo!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This Hidden haven is on a quiet street a few blocks from the core but worth the walk.My extended family of 10, dined there on Christmas Eve 2012 and we had a great dining experience. The food is fabulous, the servce is friendly,and the ambience is dreamy ,complete with bannana trees. This is not a chain and has real Mexican food.Say hi to the owner,
Israel Sanchez and tell him Louie sent you.

• Visited December 2012
Austin
“Highest of hopes, major disappointment.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Let me start off by saying, *I* am the one who suggested this place after a trusted food friend recommended it, *I* am the one who made a big deal about going, *I* was the one who made the reservation to celebrate the anniversary of our parents, and I am the one who was most disappointed.

First, the service was horrible. When we sat, 15 minutes earlier than our reservation, we were informed we could not order ANY food until 8pm. Ok. Then, in Mexico? We drink! The bartenders knew very little about the types of liquor or wine, and we were quite underwhelmed with the Tequila and Mezcal selection. Wine? I think he said "red or white."

Then, it took 55 minutes to bring soup and the jalapeno appetizers to the table. Drinks were not consistently being refilled either. Soon the table got a bit grumpy, as we were hungry, and some had had plans to actually do something after dinner. There was a young, local group of people there, 23 of them to be exact, who were drunk, loud, and sang American pop songs at extreme levels. Not the restaurant's fault, but they certainly spent their time catering to this loud and obnoxious table's needs over the rest of the restaurant.

Then is started to rain...1:45 min after we sat down and GOT to order. So they moved us under the covered portion, closer to the loud and obnoxious table. Now, in fairness, the waiter kept apologizing, after and hour and 30 minutes passed, but that didn't actually speed anything up....

Everyone else seemed very happy with their food. I however ordered the fish (advertised as red snapper) with their special house sauce, only to receive a piece of mahi mahi smothered in a downright disgusting cream sauce. I wish I had ordered the fish veracruz, which a table mate did end up with, after being dissuaded by the waiter. I will say, the tortilla soup was among the best I've ever had though...all which was too bad, because the fish I was served, tasted like 4 day old fish, and caused me to vomit about 20 minutes post-meal (and I only actually ate 4 bites before realizing something was seriously wrong with it). Good thing alleys in Cabo San Lucas are kind of made for that type of activity.

The rest of the party seemed to really like their meal...perhaps I'm envious it worked out so well for them when I was the one most excited to try this place.

Visited January 2013
Encinitas, California, United States
“Best of Cabo San Lucas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this place ! It is a short walk from the harbor front, and is a little hard to find BUT it is soooooo worth it ! First, the setting is gorgeous. You walk in off the hard scrabble street into a very serene, perfectly landscaped setting. The staff is first class. We sat outside, under the large trees, and you feel like you are relaxing in a private hacienda compound. We fished that day and so brought them a a bag full of yellowfin tuna, which they expertly prepared 7 different ways and presented on a large platter. The wine was fantastic and the service was even better. I cannot recommend this place more highly, and will eat here every time I visit Cabo... The bar is a "must see" as it is very quaint, warm and inviting. Lastly, try the bacon cheddar Jalapeno poppers, they are unbelievable !

• Visited January 2013
Calabasas, California
“Great food & charming setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Tried this wonderful restaurant for the first time last month. We walked in without a reservation & they sat us within 15 minutes. Food was yummy & service was terrific. We'll definitely go back on our next trip.

Visited December 2012