“Best fish tacos ever” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 394 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Mexican home style food and tacos. Delicious variety of tacos: fish & shrimp (breaded or grilled), cochinita pibil, nopales, chicharron, barbacoa and chicken. Also our special Shrimp Molcajete prepared with salsa, onion and cheese. Ceviche, Seafood soup, Tortilla soup, Fish salad, Shrimp cocktail and much more! Serving delicious tacos in for over 30 years with prime products only!
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Best fish tacos ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Gardenias has the best fish tacos in the world. The sauce they use is the best I've ever had. We will definatly go back next time we visit Cabo

Visited September 2013

Smithton, Illinois
“Cabo trip Sept 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Excellent Fish , shrimp taco's made the authentic way . Just a short walk from Cabo villas and the Marina . If you like good food at reasonable prices this stop is a must

Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Sea bass for 1.50 and they weren't even mutated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We heard about this place on the way in from the airport from a mother and hr two teenagers that had been coming here for 10 plus years. they said it was the best place to eat if you didn't need fancy and liked good food. So we found our way there the second day, came in about 730 and the place had about six tables occupied with room for maybe another six. they only had two walls, the other sides were pull across fences that locked and the family lives upstairs. The have their own garlic hot sauce that is worth smuggling into whatever country you are going to next. that night they had sea bass tacos that they had caught earlier that day I don't know what anyone else had because one bite and I was focused on my plate defending it from roaming forks. What can I say, I grew up in a large family. Anyway we went back the next day, but they had caught a marlin so it was really good, but not as sweet as the sea bass. We never dined alone, there was always someone else there and we told several people ourselves. Go, drink the sun tea and eat the seafood. And soak in the pride of a family that knows they are giving good value for a good product.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thousand Oaks, CA
“AWESOME TACOS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I asked my cab driver to take me to the best taco place in town. He took me to Gardenias and oh did I enjoy the experience. Delicious tacos - shrimp, chicken, fish (grilled or fried), and tacos of other varieties were washed down with ice cold beer. My Cabo San Lucas "taco fantasy" was fulfilled.

The little ladies that run the place scoot around at light speed bringing taco delights to everyone. The staff is wonderful. The place is within walking distance to the main mall. Skip the hotel garbage and go to Gardenias!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
luv-n-life08
“Very tasty eats!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

A couple we met on the shuttle from the airport to our hotels recommended this little restaurant. They swore it had the best fish and shrimp tacos and honestly, they were pretty darn good. The food is simple, but it is surprisingly tasty. The atmosphere of the restaurant is open to the street and somewhat like a large car port. It's not fancy, but we weren't looking for that - we were looking for good quality, simple food. I'm a little picky when it comes to fish and not sure what type of fish they cooked, but it was very fresh. It was a white fish - that's all I know. The fish and shrimp were fried in a tempura-like batter. Not the healthiest, but hell, I'm on vacation! The tacos are small, but very tasty with all the fixings they provide. Instead of lettuce (what most American's would probably think is the norm as I did as well), Gardenia's provides shredded cabbage and other toppings. Good stuff!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere