“2 Pacifico Lights + 2 Shots of smooth Teqiulla everyday $5 deal!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Californian, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Happy Ending's 5 full-time chefs prepare generous proportions of delicious food, always at affordable prices, in its completely new kitchen. Our Crispy Tacos, Huge Burritos, Super Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Super "Loaded" Fries, Quesadillas, etc., Have become the most popular in Cabo. The kitchen is located directly on the sidewalk to make it easy for those who simply want to eat at the outside counter or take their food to go. Our bartenders and waiters can also place orders and serve food to our customers inside Happy Ending. Food is served everyday from 10:00 am to at least 3:00 am.
“2 Pacifico Lights + 2 Shots of smooth Teqiulla everyday $5 deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The best cantina! El jefe, Gene, and his staff are fun and enjoyable. This place made are vacation! I will be returning for more nachos, and fun.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
WisconsinMSnow from the Beautiful State of Wisconsin - The word "Wisconsin" originates from the name given to the Wisconsin River by one of the Algonquian-speaking American Indian groups living in the region at the time of the first European contact in 1673. A French explorer called the river "Meskousing." Other French explorers later corrupted the spelling to "Ouisconsin." Over time this version became the French name for both the Wisconsin River and the surrounding lands. However, English speakers later anglicized the spelling to "Wisconsin" when they began to arrive in greater numbers during the early 19th century. The current spelling was made official by the Legislature of Wisconsin Territory in 1845. Wisconsin is also known as "America's Dairyland" because it is now one of the nation's leading producers of delicious dairy products.

Thanks for naming your review "2 Pacifico Lights + 2 Shots of Smooth Tequila Everyday $5 Deal!" This is the best deal in the history of mankind and the absolutely best deal ever seen in Cabo San Lucas. Ever since Happy Ending opened in 2008, the REGULAR PRICE of 2 ice cold bottles of Pacifico, Pacifico Light, Corona or Corona Light AND 2 double shots of our super-smooth tequila has ALWAYS been only $5. And "always" means "ALWAYS"....all-the-time, today, tomorrow, next week, next month, 365 and 24/7...."ALWAYS!"

I'm also pleased that you enjoyed our nachos. I hope you tried some of our other delicious items being prepared by the 3 chefs in our new kitchen.

Thanks for describing Happy Ending as "the best cantina" That is an extremely nice compliment. I'm also happy to learn that Happy Ending "made" your vacation.

Please return as soon as you can.

Best wishes for lots of only the "Best" Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Gene, "El Jefe," Happy Ending Cantina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Maricopa, Arizona
“Place for shots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

$1 double tequila shots! Happy ending shot is so tasty! Gene makes you feel at home. Giovani and brian are super nice bartenders! Fun atmosphere!

Visited June 2013
Shaleen N from the Historic, Family Orientated and Beautiful City of Maricopa, Arizona - The name "Maricopa" is derived from the Spanish name "Cocomaricopa," the name of an indigenous tribe that once lived in Arizona. This name derived from "Mariposa," the Spanish word for "Butterfly." The Cocomaricopa tribe used to paint their faces in the likeness of beautiful butterflies. Each stage of Maricopa's history has contributed greatly to the growth and development of the Southwest. Maricopa, then called Maricopa Wells, was one of the most important relay stations along the San Antonio-San Diego Mail Line and the later and more famous, Butterfield Overland Mail Route, during the 1800s. The city was officially incorporated on October 15, 2003:

You are correct: Happy Ending is Cabo's “Place for Shots.” Thanks for using those 3 words as the name of your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed drinking our "tasty" $1 REGULAR PRICE for a double shot of our super-smooth tequila. $1 is our REGULAR, everyday, every night, all-the-time price....365 and 24/7.

Night shift Bartenders, Giovani and Bryan, each asked me to personally thank you for identifying them by name and for calling them "super nice bartenders!" I wish I could clone these guys to help out on the day shift.

Best wishes for lots and lots of the "Best Place for Shots" type of Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Harrison, Ohio
“Can't Wait to go Back!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went here after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, and even though we had an all- inclusive hotel, we came twice during our (way too) short 4 night stay and I'm already counting down until we return to Cabo and Happy Ending! I have not stopped talking about this place and all of Cabo since we returned and I just wish we had places like this at home! I wish they sold their shirts on-line, as I've had people asking where I got mine! I LOVED their dogs- I work for a Vet. and they have the most amazing, sweetest dogs you will ever see. Plenty has been said about their drink specials and it's all true--nothing beats it! I wish we had more time here, but for our first time, we did have a blast at a fun place. My boyfriend is a firefighter and was happy he got his name on a brick. I am in love with Cabo, and although this was my first time there, I can't imagine a more perfect vacation and am counting down until our return!

Visited May 2013
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Itsericaa from the Beautiful and Historic City of Harrison, Ohio - Harrison was named after the 9th US President, William Henry Harrison. Harrison Village Park is the final resting place for a small number of veterans of the Revolutionary War. Harrison was incorporated in 1850 but didn't become a city until 1981. In 1932, a dog racing track opened in West Harrison. Monkeys dressed in silk jackets were used as jockeys and rode the dogs. Although parimutuel betting was then illegal, it was the time of the Great Depression and the police "looked the other way" and permitted the dog racing track to operate. Doing so allowed the tract the bring needed revenue to the area and was one of the highest paying local jobs at $12 a week.

Because you'v written so many Trip Advisor reviews, 14 to be exact, about establishments in 8 cities, TA has designated you a "Contributor." Congratulations. Thank you for all the wonderful comments and great recommendations you wrote about Happy Ending Cantina. Thank you very much for naming your review "Can't Wait to go Back!" The entire crew and I are eager for you to come back as well.

I'm very pleased to know that even after you returned home from Cabo you've "not stopped talking" about the great times you had at Happy Ending and the rest of Cabo San Lucas. Maybe someone will open a Happy Ending in Harrison so you don't have to travel so far!

Many people, just like you, have told me they wished we sold our Happy Ending logo T-shirts and other merchandise online. I prefer to only sell our merchandise to customers who visit Happy Ending in person to keep it "exclusive" and even more special. We have over 20 different logos, each of which features a reproduction of a beautiful pinup originally painted in the 1940s and 1950s. Happy Ending's T-shirts have become the most popular selling souvenirs in Cabo!

Thanks for all the nice things you wrote about our two small dogs, Budgie and Bella. They both absolutely love spending time with other dog-loving customers and have been hanging out at Happy Ending since we began construction in the summer of 2008.

Thanks for mentioning our low drink prices. We never have "specials" because if we did it would mean that our prices would yo-yo up-and-down like at other places. Our prices are always the lowest in Cabo and never change. The most popular selling "drink" is a choice of 2 ice cold bottles of either Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico or Pacifico Light AND 2 double shots of our super-smooth tequila for only $5....all-the-time, always, today, tomorrow, next week, 365 and 24/7....that's 4 separate drinks for only $5.

It was a pleasure to meet your Firefighter boyfriend and watch him sign his name on our famous wall where hundreds of other Firefighters, Police Officers and Public Safety Officers have done the same. I'm a retired LAPD Sergeant and the father of 2 current LAPD cops and I know a little about the dangers Public Safety Officers face on a daily basis....thus it's our honor to honor those who protect us. I hope your boyfriend brings a department patch to hang up the next time you two return.

Best wishes for lots and lots of "Can't Wait for More" Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

“Happy Ending is the beginning to CSL happiness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

What a fantastic find! It was a lazy afternoon and we needed to escape the scorching heat with a cold drink. We were greeted by an awesome atmosphere and a very welcoming
bartender, Axel. He treated us with top notch service and we left with full stomachs (el Jefe,
wow), great photo behind the bar and a cool tshirt. Highly recommended. Price cannot be beat either.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
KsL1967: Thank you for naming your review "Happy Ending is the Beginning to Cabo San Lucas Happiness!" I believe it's the first time that title has been used in over 1,200 Happy Ending Trip Advisor reviews. It's very catchy!

Thanks for using words to describe Happy Ending such as "fantastic," "awesome atmosphere," "top notch service" and "prices cannot be beat."

Axel, one of our popular day shift bartenders, asked me to thank you for mentioning him by name. I wish I could clone him. It would be great to have a couple more "Axels" working the bars on the night shift!

I'm pleased you enjoyed devouring one of our famous "El Jefe" Super Burritos. They're the most delicious burritos I've ever eaten. It's 8 inches long and 8 inches around of pure bliss. It's a huge fresh flour tortilla loaded with specially prepared shredded "machaca" beef, rice, beans, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese then topped with more shredded cheese which is then heated and melted. The chef then smothers half of the burrito with freshly made mild green salsa and the other half with freshly made spicy red salsa....the "wet style" burrito is served with chips and a dollop of guacamole and refried beans on the side. "Yummy - Yummy - Yummy!" I have one almost everyday.

Thank you for ALL your super-nice comments and great recommendations. Please return as soon as you can.

Best wishes for lots of "Beginning Happiness" types of Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Huntington Beach, California
“happy is right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Minutes after we arrived we were greeted by the owner gene "el jefe. Super nice guy. Cant beat the 2 beers + 2 shots for $5. Food was great atmosphere was fun. Everyone was so friendly. Highly recommend to anyone looking to have a fun time in Cabo. I give endings an A in my book.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
JillandScott from the World Famous and Incredibly Beautiful City of Huntington Beach, California, also know simply as "HB" or as "Surf City, USA."

Huntington Beach is famous for its long 8.5-mile stretch of wide sandy beach, mild climate, excellent surfing and beach culture. The ocean waves are enhanced by a natural effect caused by the edge-diffraction of open ocean swells around the island of Catalina that create consistent surfing conditions all year long. Huntington Beach has had many different names in its past. It was once called "Shell Beach," then the "Town of Smeltzer," then "Gospel Swamp" for the revival meetings that were held in the marshland where Golden West College is now located. Later it became known as "Fairview" and finally "Pacific City." In the early 1900s, "Pacific Beach" wanted to secure access to the Red Car trolley lines that were being built to criss-cross the City of Los Angeles and surrounding cities. At that time one Red Car line ended in the emerging City of Long Beach, located north of "Pacific City." To extend the line from Long Beach to "Pacific City," "Pacific Beach" had to cede large areas of land and enormous power to the owner of the Red Car lines, railroad magnate Henry Huntington. Huntington promptly changed the name to "Huntington Beach," thus becoming a city whose name was written into corporate sponsorship like many other So Cal communities. Huntington Beach was incorporated in 1909. The "Huntington Beach Company" became the major developer of the new city. It's still a major land owner in the city, and continues to own most of the local mineral and oil rights.

I really enjoyed reading the name of your review, "Happy is Right!" I believe this is the first of over 1,200 reviews to have that title. Thank you very much!

I really enjoyed meeting and spending quality time with you both. It was fun discussing the history of Huntington Beach. I was raised in the City of Los Angeles, located about a one-hour drive north of Huntington Beach. During my high school years in the early 1960s, I spend many free days soaking up the sun there while trying to meet beautiful Huntington Beach girls - I rarely succeeded! Hahahaha.

Thanks for writing about our "2 beers + 2 shots for $5." This is the REGULAR PRICE we charge all-the-time. "All-the-time" means ALL THE TIME - always, today, tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, 365 and 24/7. There is absolutely no other bar in Los Cabos that can come even close to matching our super-low all-the-time prices. Our customers always get their choice of 2 ice cold full-size bottles of Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico or Pacifico Light AND 2 double shots of our delicious and extremely popular super-smooth tequila for only $5. That's 4 separate drinks for only $5....all-the-time!

Thanks for describing our food as "great" and our atmosphere as "fun." The generous portions of our delicious food being prepared by chefs in our brand new kitchen is growing in popularity everyday. Many customers return day-after-day just to eat.

Thanks for the "A" grade you gave Happy Ending Cantina and thanks for ALL your wonderful comments and great recommendations. Please hurry back if you ever feel the need to temporarily change your view from Huntington Beach to Cabo's famous Medano Beach!

Best wishes for lots and lots of "Fun 'A' Grade" type of Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.