“A Diamond in the Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Lafayette
“A Diamond in the Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Alcaravea was recommended to us by a merchant in town. We went looking for it & our first dining experience was fabulous. Could not wait to go back to our resort & spread the news. The food was the best we'd had in what I'd call an upscale restaurant, but did not make you feel like you had to put on your formal clothes to go. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with a smile & taken to our table. Alcaravea is a smaller restaurant, but big in flavor. We enjoyed a glass of wine as we looked over the menu. I would call it Mediterranean. I cannot say enough about the presentation, flavor, service, etc. Every time in Cabo we head there & take all our guests. I suggest you add it to your list of favorites.

• Visited February 2013

Granbury, Texas
“Heaven in Cabo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a couple that we rode with on our way to our hotel. So glad they told us about it. One of the finest meals I have ever had in Mexico or anywhere else. Excellent selection of wines. My husband and I shared the Tomatoes Caprese and the Shrimp with Prosciutto, with a side of Fettucine Alfredo. So glad we shared - portions were large and very rich. Unfortunately did not have room for dessert but I am sure that is was as wonderful as the other dishes. Don't miss this one.

• Visited June 2013
Cabo San Lucas
“My favorite place to have lunch!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The food is very tasty and super fresh.
Enrique the chef is always greeting and makes you feel like at home.
Service is generally good, sometimes a bit slow and they do make mistakes from time to time (as all human does! They gave me once a wrong started dish, as i knew it is also good i decided to eat it and not to say anything, but after a while 1 of the waiters noticed it they offered to bring the dish i ordered at no extra cost).
They offer lunch specials daily for a really great price (between 80 to 120 pesos) for a 3 course meal including lemonade, as value for money you just can't beat it here in Cabo.

I would HIGHLY recommend to eat the, especially during the lunch special.

• Visited May 2013
“Gourmet at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

While vacationing in Los Cabos we were referred to Alcaravea Gourmet. Upon arrival, owner/chef Enrique Diaz Gerard comes from behind the kitchen to personally greet each guest. Upon departure he thanks you for dining at his restaurant. It is very apparent from the start that he loves what he does. The food as well as the presentation is fabulous. I would not hesitate to refer others and definitely plan to return. Per Pablo, our waiter, lunch is served daily with the exception of Sunday as they are closed.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

First time, but will certainly not be my last. Awesome food. What a surprise! We come to Cabo several times a year and only wish I had tried this place sooner. Best Italian food in town. Love it. Can't wait to go back!

Visited June 2013