“Fun place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maro's Shrimp House

Maro's Shrimp House
Av. Hildago St./N. Across from La Dolce Restuarant, Cabo San Lucas 28262, Mexico
52 624 355 80 60
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 453 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Connecticut
“Fun place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We made our bi-annual stop to Maro's last night and had our usual great experience. We were greeted by Maro who somehow seems to remember us from our prior visits. The place was packed but were were seated promptly and before long we were sipping our Bulldogs while being serenaded to "Besame mucho". We both had the lobster and shrimp combo for 2 which was delicious. Chocolate cake was light and tasty.

Thanks for a fun night Maro!

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank huskynut

Santa Barbara, California
“Fast food cabo style.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Decent portion of tasty shrimp cooked right on a bed of rice. No frills no extras. Felt a little rushed to eat and move on even though the place was not busy when we went for dinner. Funky simple ambiance. Use their valet parking or plan on a walk-in from the main drag.

Visited January 2013
“Yummy and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Maro's is a hidden little gem that you could walk right by and not give a chance to because it is so low key. I'm so glad we read the reviews and gave it a shot! I came with a group of 25, we had called a few hours ahead, so when we walked in, they put a bunch of tables together and totally accomodated us. I wasn't too crazy about their special bulldog drink, but I'm not a big fan of beer-in-liquor- cocktails, and my other friends that had the margaritas loved them. My girlfriend and I shared a seafood platter for 2 which had lobster, white fish, and a ton of shrimp. They were all delicious and there was so much food we couldn't even finish it. I think it was around $58 dollars for the platter and every bite was so tasty we hated not eating all of it. All in all, my whole group had a great time, they all thought the food was great and so well priced that I had to give it 5 stars. We will be back the next time we're in Cabo!

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank AlexisK_V
Houston, Texas
“It was okay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I knew I had to try this place when we came to Cabo and honestly, thought it was just okay! I had such high expectations and maybe that was my problem! We ordered 1 kg of shrimp and some guac and the bulldog of course! Shrimp was good with the side sauces and bulldog was worth getting. The problem we had was they tried overcharging us for our tequila shots and charged us for 1 more margarita that we didn't have! They quoted $5 per shot but charged $9. So, double check your bill. We walked our with a bill for $80 - that's right dollars!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank LisaGuzman
Somerset, Wisconsin
“Awesome food ~ love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were with some friends that have eaten there before - they told us we would like the shrimp; huge selection to pick from for little price! I looked over the menu and choice the shrimp & lobster combo for under $20.00!! it was delicious and if we had had enough days left on our vacation I would go there every other night!!! it was wonderful. . . clean, food good and fresh & served hot and with a smile. Maro came around talking and hosting, gave us all a dessert afterwards on the house! the chicken fajita isn't too shabby either. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to know where to go for good food. AND newly remodeled clean restrooms.

• Visited November 2012