“Out of this world!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Smithfield, Virginia
“Out of this world!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband and I decided to spend our first year anniversary at the Capella, and it was the best decision we ever made! Absolutely top-notch all the way! The hotel, service, staff, rooms, dining ( I could keep going...) were all amazing. We would recommend the Capella Pedregal to anyone and everyone. Just spectacular!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I will preface this by stating that I have never stayed at a 5 star property before, we are typically boutique 4 star travelers along the lines of a Kimpton type hotel for comparison so some of my perception of the hotel may simply come from never having experiencing that level of service before.
We were blown away, Capella Pedregal is everything it’s cracked up to be and more, from the dramatic tunnel entrance to the location, the staff and the food it is truly the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in. It felt very exclusive and private without being stuffy or snooty. It also had a very Mexican feel in the details that we really enjoyed. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Service was friendly, prompt and discrete (you didn't notice them, but they were always there when needed). The restaurants on site are fantastic and room service was very accommodating to special requests. The location is breathtaking and instantly relaxing... I'll have to figure out a way to make more money because I'm not sure I can stay somewhere and not have a private plunge pool now that I've experienced it...can't wait to go back

Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We just returned home after 3 too quick days at this beautiful resort. It is perfection. Service is immaculate, grounds are pristine, the food at all of the restaurants on the property was simply fantastic. There are several high end resorts to choose from in Cabo and we had the opportunity to visit and dine there but weren't inclined to leave Capella. We will return without question and only ever stay here.

Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I took a trip to Capella to celebrate our first year anniversary. Our honeymoon fell short due to the location and hotel (supposed to be 5 stars) we had chosen. We were hesitant spending thousands of dollars all over again when booking this resort, worried we would fall into the same situation. However, I have to say...Capella didn't disappoint and I'm glad we did it. Being the trip advisor "review reader" I am, Capella did get some wonderful reviews and some not so wonderful reviews. I am happy to say... don't worry about a thing! Just GO!

Some of the highlights - location, location, location. This was our first time to Cabo, so being close to town was a wonderful addition to the trip. Having no need for taxi's and being able to venture out for dinner's and boat rides was a really special touch! We did end up staying at Capella and downtown Cabo most of the time. I'm bummed we didn't make it to some of the other resorts (like Esperanza, One and Only) seeing as they were a distance from us. However, it didn't change the AMAZING-NESS of the trip. Our next trip to Cabo will probably include trips to those locations.

The food and service at Capella are like nothing I have ever experienced before. Past reviews have suggested the service to be average. We may be easy to please (doubtful :) ), but I honestly felt taken care of at all times. The employees were welcoming, gracious and seemed to know who each guest was. The pool service may need a bit of sprucing but that's just me being entirely picky.

You will love the food. We ate at each restraunt the resort had to offer. Make sure to go to Don Maneul's...my husband and I loved it there. And of course, don't miss the buffet style breakfast. The pastries, bread and omelets are to die for! Be ready to spend some serious money though...although I'm sure that's a given.

As everyone has pointed out the resort and the rooms are beautiful. The rooms are well decorated and spacious! The bed linens and pillows are wonderful. I, personally, havn't gotten a better night's rest. The only negative about the room that I'd point out is as another reviewer suggested (a few tiles were missing on the outside of the plunge pool). Again, at this point I'm trying to find flaws with this place. I only examined the plunge pool because of a past review and had to lean over the thing to see the missing mosaics. Not a huge deal, but they should get it fixed.

The only other thing they COULD improve on is getting the room cleaned when we are gone and getting the chips and guac/salsa up there while we are at the pool. We found ourselves sometimes running into the cleaning service on our way in and out. We felt we were out of the room enough of the day for it to get done. Again, I'm being super picky for all of you.

All of the special touches (ice cream on cinnamon sticks, fresh squeezed juice etc. at the pool); (chips and salsa and pacificos delivered daily to the room); and (little treats at turn down) make this place a GEM. I will really miss it and hope to return!

Don't worry - you will love it!

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Everything about Capella Pedregal is top-notch--the food, the service, the rooms, the landscaping, the gym, the spa. I was so sad to leave yesterday--we will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Everything about this hotel is amazing...food, location, staff, service, rooms, etc... Will definitely be returning!

Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I rarely post reviews, but felt really felt compelled to write one after our stay at Capella.
Prior to leaving for our trip I read several not-so-glowing reviews about the service here. I almost let those reviews change our hotel choice. Boy, am I glad I didn't -- those reviews were dead wrong! This place is really one-of-a-kind. I've stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world, and very few can compare in terms of the quality of the resort, the location, the service, the restaurants, etc.

We spent 7 nights in an oceanfront room with an incredible view. The room was modern and comfortable. The plunge pool overlooked the ocean and was spectacular. The staff came to the room up to 3 times every day to clean and straighten up.
Everyone we met at the resort was friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay memorable. There were so many little touches -- from the nice "amenities" that they brought around poolside, to the free beer and guacamole delivered daily to the room, to the weekly cocktail reception, to the golf carts that shuttle you through the tunnel, etc.
We ate at all three restaurants and loved each one. Just for comparison we went to the Esperanza one night for dinner. The dinner was great, but the hotel looked worn and in my opinion couldn't hold a candle to the Capella.

This place is going to be the top place in Cabo, so if you get a chance I would go now. Several noted sports celebs were there during our stay and I'm sure the word is getting out. We will most definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Resort at Pedregal? Share your experiences!