The arrival begins with an private escalade there at the airport to shuttle you to the resort. Our flight was 2 hours late, and they literally just waited. By the time we take in the gorgeous sight seeing on the way there, (believe me I didn't realize how beautiful the desert could be), we arrive at the large iron gates of the resort. Before we enter the gates they ask us our welcome beverage preference, by the time we drive through the tunnel we are greeted on the other side by a team of staff and our welcome dreams in hand. Loved that!
Even the BASIC rooms are breath taking and feature a small heated pool on the balcony and a fire place in the room. BTW its a heated pool and not a jacuzzi, but the resort has a fabulous mainly unoccupied jacuzzi to venture down to at night time. This place had basically no rules, it surprised me! The pool and jacuzzi area doesn't close and no one bothers you about bringing down wine or champagne after hours. However even at night the place has surveillance and the area itself is very safe. The waves are incredible, and even though you can't get in the ocean I could stare at the waves hitting the sand all day. All the food was terrific, try all the restaurants you can if you end up just staying at the resort. FYI this place is pricey, so don't be surprised by the service charges, menu options, or drink prices. If you like to have a good time like my husband and I, you may rack up a $200 margarita bill while pool side, lol! However, if your in town and on a budget, no worries because you can literally walk right into town. However I can't recommend enough having dinner at El Farallon....the views and ambiance are stunning!
This resort might not be our favorite in the world, but by far our favorite we've ever been to in Mexico. Between the two of us we've been to Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara, and Playa Mujeres in Mexico. This beats everything by far out of these places! The staff is wonderful and there is no earthly way possible you can't have a good time at this resort! I was really surprised by the amount of younger people staying here. I would say about 60% of the people we met were between 30-40, which is in our age group. From what I've heard from others that have ventured to many places in Cabo, this is the new 'it' place. The resort is only a few years old.
Moral of the story, stop reading and start booking! Do it! Do it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith and Tingo so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal / Capella Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal / Capella Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos