“The staff and location make this place great” 5 of 5 stars

The Resort at Pedregal
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Camino Del Mar 1, Cabo San Lucas 23455, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Arlington, Virginia
“The staff and location make this place great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I stay in great hotels all over the world, and I have to say that this ranks at the top of our list. The property is beautiful, of course, but it's the staff that makes this hotel truly great. My husband's bag did not arrive with our flight, and because of a glitch, we were initially told it wouldn't be at the hotel until the next day. My very laid-back husband was quite unhappy about this, so the staff went out of their way to get the bag that night. I don't know how they did it, but they did.

You cannot try to do anything for yourself here. The minute you do, someone comes over and helps you immediately. The food is great, the service flawless, and the smiles genuine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Fabulous Easter break! The most wonder hotel, staff and views! The rooms are spectacular and the private pools on the balcony's are great. Little touches mean the most and this hotel knows all about that. The home made nachos, guacamole and salsa with ice cold coronas on the dot at 4pm every day was a fabulous touch. The staff really care about you and it was over all the best 10 days of 2012 for me! I was truly an amazing time. Would more than highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was skeptical when seeing the room rate. It was a little over 1k a night for a regular room inc. taxes.
It lived up to the price. The staff were fabulous and would help with any needs you request.
Nothing worse than paying top dollar for a hotel and not receiving any goodies, and having to pay for them. Well, here you receive your mini bar stocked daily for free (non alcoholic), free fast wireless throughout the resort (rare to be free at any resort these days), a few coronas and chips and salsa everyday, a decent size DVD collection at your disposal and numerous other little gems at no charge. This is how all high priced hotels should be. I hate paying 30 bucks a night for wireless when im already paying $1k a night for the damn room, just on principal.

This hotel made me feel like I was getting value for money.

You will also notice the amount of time and attention to detail of the landscape. It is taken care of DAILY! This shocked me. Well done Capella.

This is a place where you feel like you don't have to leave.

Food was also very good throughout all the restaurants in the hotel.

5 ***** Stars!

Room Tip: Try to get a room off of the ground floor for added privacy and better views. (the long walk is wort...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our Destination wedding at Cabo Azul and honeymoon at Capella Pedegral. I have to preface this review by saying that I have stayed at many luxury 5 star resorts/luxury hotels worldwide and have selective taste. When you p ay high prices you should expect the best luxury experience from A to Z (but many places miss the mark). Capella Pedegral exceeded these expectations in our stay and we will be back.

Spa - best Spa in the world - best massage and facial ever experienced (See Yolanda, she is exceptional and my 1 hour massage felt like heaven, facial was thorough and rejuvinated my skin and shrunk my pores) The Spa is expansive in terms of pools, saunas, cold rooms, steam rooms, healthy delicious snacks (coconut dates, flavored macadamia nuts, apple chips) flavored hot and cold teas, multiple lounge rooms..etc. Before you even begin your massage you get a 5-10 minute foot rub with natural herbs, scrubs and my feet melted!

"Your Command is Their Pleasure" - No joke, there is nothing they wont do to not only meet but exceed your expectations and put a smile on your face from ear to ear. I asked for apple slices at 3 am - no problem. Breakfast at 3pm to the room - no problem. USA Today so I could do a crossword puzzle - well they didn't have it at the resort but they managed to find it and have it at my doorstep every day. No charge!!! The staff is genuinely kind, gracious, happy to help and the definition of true top tier customer service.

The rooms are beautifully appointed with so many little details, you even get a beautiful white travel case to take home with you full of goodies. They bring coronas and chips/guacamole every day, leave treats at turndown service, have a great movie list you can rent from, and have 24 hours room service with a legitimate menu and good food no matter what time you order.

The infinity pools on the balcony are gorgeous and romantic. The food is fantastic - best fish and chips ever (trust me)! Infinity pools scattered throughout the resort, swim up bars, warm and cool pools, delicious drinks...God I wish I was still there. We even saw Whales breaching while we layed at the pool! The staff will bring you binoculars to watch the whales if you want, or sunscreen if you want...or anything!

Dinner at El Farallon was romantic, delicious, and unlike any dining experience you will have. I highly recommend this if you go to the resort. It was a tad windy so they brought me blankets and put a heat lamp next to me and I was snuggled in like a baby while eating my lobster and filet - which was divine. You sit on a cliff overlooking the ocean, watching the waves crash, while beautiful live spanish guitar artists serenade you a few other select couples who are lucky to share this experience as well.

All in all - I couldn't wait to write this review because I was blown away every day at the location/beauty, service and true luxury experience at Capella Pedegral.

~The Riellys

Room Tip: Try and get a room on top floor, it is quieter and you have better views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Arcadia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at the resort between Feb 9th to the 12th. Stayed in a 4 bedroom suite and thought the overall experience was mediocre.

The good:
- A friend that went with us spent time at the One & Only last year and felt the rooms at Capella were a bit better
- The concierge (Diana) was fantastic
- The coast-side restaurant El Farallon was excellent. Good food, amazing scenary

The bad:
- There's really not a whole lot to do for kids
- The hotel in general felt a bit understaffed (especially in the breakfast area)
- The breakfast at Capella is one of the worst of any fine resorts I've visited. The selection is so poor that I found myself returning to the table with just a croissant.
- The service at breakfast is incredibly slow and poor. There were also a lot of flies in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our first trip back to Cabo after only being here for a day on a cruise. Capella Pedregal is a superb resort, with gorgeous views and amazing services. Being a very seasoned traveller, I have become very picky when it comes to hotel rooms. The rooms at Capella Pedregal were incredible. The only thing I have to recommend is do not plan to be in any sort of hurry to go anywhere while in the resort. Relax, and enjoy your meals and services. The waitstaff aren't in any hurry either, and some are just a little more relaxed when it comes to service, it just takes some getting used to when you are used to rushing around and always being in a hurry in the US. The drinks are also superb here, I recommend you try a margarita or two. I recommend this place above the rest when it comes to choosing a resort in Cabo.

Room Tip: We have an oceanview room with two queen beds, and the view of the ocean is fantastic. Everyday I wo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at Capella in celebrating a wedding annivesary and had a fantastic experience. When researching I certainly debated whether or not this property would truly merit the "splurge"--and I have to say that it did.

Our arrival was very smooth-we were met at the airport by our fantastic driver in an Escalade and enjoyed an easy trip to the property. Check-in was a breeze and our room was prepared despite our early arrival. We arrived to find a great bottle of champagne and a nice welcome note waiting for us in our gorgeous room. We had the "standard" room and felt it was more than adequate (far surpassing the many of the "suites" in your average 4 star hotel).

I can say that the pictures online simply do not do this resort justice: it is that beautiful! The resort is meticulously maintained throughout the day--at any given moment you will find the hotel staff touching up paint on buildings, raking sand displays, tending to flower gardens and so much more--no detail is left untouched when it comes to maintaining Capella, in my opinion.

I thought the level of service we received was probably among the very best I have experienced at any resort. The staff appeared genuinely proud to work at Capella and took pride in their work. From the waiters to the housekeepers to poolside staff--they were all fantastic and bent over backwards to accommodate any request. However, I must say that the only outlier in the service was when it came to the delivery of the afternoon snack to our room--for 3 out of the 4 days of our stay, the chips/salsa and coronitas would arrive anywhere between 4-6:30pm (it was my understanding that they were to be delivered at approximately 4pm). One day we even called the front desk and they were not terribly responsive. This definitely a small gripe, but we found it odd given the level of their service in every other aspect.

The food at the restaurant was fantastic! Especially the daily breakfasts that were included in the Escape to Capella Package. The breakfast buffet selection was bountiful--I really cannot think of any other way to describe it! There is a table full of amazing breakfast pastry; another table full of fresh tropical fruits (which by the way can be turned into smoothies); a cheese and charcuterie table including smoked salmon; in addition to the hot entrees of eggs, breakfast tamales--and my personal favorite (chilaquiles--which were to die for).

The other memorable meal we had was at El Farallon. In my opinion it totally lived up to all of the acclaim it has received. The fish was fresh and delicious. We had the bounty of the sea platter and it was extraordinary. Although it is true that after sunset it is very dark outside--I think the experience would have been even more magical if we could have dined at sunset/dusk.

Fortunately (to counteract all of the amazing food) Capella also has a beautiful gym--for a hotel it is pretty large, spotless and contained lots of state of the art equipment. The best part of the gym is that it offers beautiful views of the beach and water while you work out. Additionally, I should add that throughout the resort there are a number of very steep inclines (it is carved out of a mountain, afterallThe) and you will have to walk the equivalent of (guessing here) perhaps 5 flights of stairs to get from your room to the pool. But we actually saw this as a plus (given all of the great food)--but those w/ physical impairments may want to keep this in mind when booking (although I believe they do have golf carts that can take you around the bulk of the resort and there are elevators available to take you to the rooms).

The infinity pools were beautiful and there were never any issues in finding chairs, regardless of what time you arrived to the pool. I loved the swim-up bar. The pool staff were very attentive and the food and beverages orders came out promptly. I also apreciated how the staff offered samples of drinks (such as the delicious cucumber margaritas one afternoon) or other small treats throughout the day.

I visited the spa one afternoon and had a great experience.The spa is beautiful and my massage was fantastic. I highly recommend it. We also took one of the cooking classes offered and had a great experience learning to make ceviches. I would recommend that as well.

The beach was great and very private--no one ever approached us trying to sell us anything and we felt very safe. As mentioned it is completely unsafe to swim in the waters on Capella's beach and as you walk along the beach you will immediately see that is the case. The lifeguards at Capella discourage anyone they see headed toward the water.

Our trip ended on such a great note with our return trip to the airport. We had the same fantastic driver and car, but once we arrived at the airport we had a Capella employee whisk us through check-in and escort us to the VIP airport lounge. You pay a surcharge for this but I completely recommend it. It was a great way to cap off a fantastic experience.

I definitely recommend Capella and would love to return one day soon.

Room Tip: Even the "entry level" standard rooms are extraordinary!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Resort at Pedregal? Share your experiences!