I was at Capella for four nights in January 2013 hosting a group of clients (10 people). This required a great deal of planning, and on top of that, it was for a group of people who are used to the best of the best, so I had high expectations to meet. From my first interaction with Dawn Bendedict, the National Group Sales Manager, I knew I was in for an incredible experience. This is not just your typical resort in Mexico, by any means. I booked 5 different group trips through Dawn, and she went out of her way to make sure that I was happy and that everything fell perfectly into place. Love her! As far as day to day plans for my group, I had the pleasure of working with Ivonne and Diana. How lucky I was to work with such smart, helpful and overall wonderful ladies! I was very demanding as far as details for my group was concerned, and they were gracious to work with and they made everything fall into place.
When it was all said and done, my guests and I had an absolutely wonderful stay. First off, the staff couldn't have been more helpful, friendly and all around amazing. The staff’s attention to detail and willingness to please is unmatched. I’ve traveled all over the world and have never in my life received such personalized service like this. From the concierge, to the poolside waiters and the bellmen, the people were across the board amazing.
What really stood out to me were the little details, the bottle of high-end tequila in the rooms, the guacamole and Corona’s served in the late afternoon which were delivered to the room, the amazing snacks left during turn-down service, the complimentary mini margarita’s, popsicles and fruit served by the pool. I could go on and on.
The food and drink were also fabulous all around – whether dining at Don Manuels, by the pool, at El Farallon and room service. The food was rather pricey, but I thought drinks were reasonable considering the level of this resort ($13 for cocktails and $6 for beers). Capella obviously takes pride in every single detail.
The spa was the most amazing spa I've ever been to.It's worth the money, but make sure you get there at least 45 minutes early and plan to hang out in the mineral pool and hot tub for a while after your treatment.
It was also a huge bonus that you can walk into the town of Cabo San Lucas. A golf cart will give you a ride to the tunnel, and then the marina, shops, and many of the great restaurants and bars are within a 10 minute walk. It's crazy how a place which is so quiet and secluded is located almost in Downtown!
The beauty and tranquility of Capella Pedregal and its staff, truly make it the best of the best and I highly recommend it for anyone. I look very forward to my next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal / Capella Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal / Capella Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos