My husband and I have travelled to some pretty romantic destinations, Paris being one of my favorites, but Capella was an experience we will never forget. From the first point of contact (emails from your personal assistant to ensure all your needs for arrival are met), to the flawless stay (friendly and happy staff at every turn), it's no wonder this place is getting such commendable reviews.
First off, it's located in Pedregal, which is so swanky and private. It's a quick walk (3 minutes) into the marina in Cabo San Lucas where you can find shopping, food, and tons of activities. It's the only 5 star hotel within walking distance to the port, but it's on the other side of a mountain that you feel like you are in a private resort. There's a gorgeous tunnel that links the hotel to the rest of the town and the hotel provides a golf cart that takes you to the edge of it all. No taxis needed when staying here. Big bonus.
Rooms are like everyone said…magnificent views, total comfort, and the infinity pool provides a heavenly oasis when you came back at the end of the day.
Service is like none that we've ever experienced. Culture is definitely not lacking, which added a special charm to the place. All the servers and pool boys are hilarious and go out of their way to make sure you are having a good time.
El Farallon is a must! Nestled along a cliff, you get a breath-taking view of the ocean as you dine on fresh seafood and live music. First time we had Parrot fish and white bass! Yum!
Don Manuel's breakfast is divine!! We ate there every morning! Their dinner is not as great as El Farallon's so I would probably go into town for some local dishes instead (which we never did, so don't know if it's any good, but it'll be much cheaper!).
We spent as much of our 4 day trip on the property as possible because we were so in love with the hotel, but did venture out into town to do some wave running (exciting!), sailing, and snorkeling. But I wouldn't have minded if we didn't leave that side of the mountain at all!
With the indescribable ambience, top-notch staff, and attention to fine detail, you can't help but fall in love at, and with, this place. My husband and I can't wait to come back!
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Capella Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. Capella Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Capella Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.