We have just got back from 9 nights at the Capella and would like to offer up some of the negative and positives to this resort.
1. Arrived on the first night to a room on the first floor, this was quite dark however it did have a view of the ocean as most rooms do. As we were staying there for quite a few days we called that same evening to ask to change rooms to a higher floor, we were told this was not possible and they would look into it in the morning to see what they could do. Unfortunately we still hadn't heard anything by lunchtime so we made a call to reception and to our surprise no-one seemed to be aware that we had requested a room on a higher floor. After explaining this again we then left it with the staff and explained that we would be spending the day around the pool and therefore they could find us there to update us on our request to move rooms. Thankfully this was sorted, the room was much brighter and was on the 3rd floor.
2. Restaurants - There are only 2 choices for an evening meal, Don Manuel’s was OK we had 2 meals here didn’t particularly enjoy either. El Farollon- (seafood) Great setting I had the shrimp one night it was quite bland just grilled no marinade or spices added something I would cook at home. I also had the sea bass on another night this again was quite bland.
3.Hotel is good but when compared to a luxury chain like the Four Seasons it doesn’t stack up.
4. Complementary cold drinks are provided in the room and can be changed for drinks you actually like (so we were told) i.e. instead of mango juice you could have orange juice, we called 3 times to get this changed but it did not happen so gave up and walked to the shop which is close by to get some.
5. We asked for the light bulb in our pool to be changed, as it was out on one side again this did not happen so in the end we just put up with it.
6. Complimentary Corona in the evening- some nights it had been delivered other nights it hadn't.
7. Gym- Had no showers so had to go up to the room each time before heading to the pool to enjoy the rest of the day
8. No steam/sauna room to enjoy unless you book a spa treatment, not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel
9. Everything in the resort seems to close down at 11.00 pm– no real atmosphere,
10. We headed into Cabo having experienced the restaurant options at the Capella and we were really shocked by the overall vibe of the place. Restaurants were downmarket "shacks" absolutely no good quality restaurants in Cabo. The hotel recommended an Italian restaurant – It was an awful shabby setting and extremely casual, if you like eating your evening meal unwashed in shorts this is the place for you. The marina itself is full of adults/kids trying to sell various "tat" and is surrounded by shacks definitely not like any marina I have been too.
1. Staff are friendly and the service is very good around the pool area
2. Hotel is in a great position right on the coast and has a great view of the ocean when relaxing in the pool
3. It is worth going for a couple of days to experience the resort but would not recommend for longer periods than this it gets to repetitive
4. Spa was outstanding we had a fantastic massage very good quality
5. Breakfast was very good, however we often had to wait 10/15 minutes as there wasn’t enough tables
6. Manicure and Pedicure very good standard
Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a short break and don't mind being confined to the hotel as Cabo is not up to the same standard as the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. Capella Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Capella Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Capella Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos