“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
London
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Capella in Cabo San Lucas is incredible. The staff are excellent and all so friendly. Loved the tequila in the room and sundowner each evening delivered to your room. The details are very well thought out. We spend 4 nights here for our honeymoon and wished we had booked at least 6 nights. It was great to be able to stroll into the town in the evening and eat out. I would highly recommend the Capella Pedregal!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Park Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Capella Pegregal is an outstanding property with an amazing staff.
We went on a trip with our dear friends and had an awesome adventure from the moment we arrived. I can't stress enough how welcoming all the staff members are and how wonderful the service is! You must see and experience for yourselves! Beautiful people, beautiful resort
We will be back!
Mary, TIm, Jim, Linda, Larry, Michelle

Room Tip: Stayed in the Presidential Suite! Awesome!
Madison, Missippippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Capella was amazing. The staff was excellent and attended to our every need. They will provide transportation to and from the airport which we took advantage of($140 each way). Also, we purchased the VIP tickets on the return trip which sped us through customs and to the VIP Lounge. That is a must. The property and views are beautiful. We were able to walk to town and to the marina. We will return and stay there again. Loved it.

Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We just returned from a 6-night stay at Capella. The resort and its employees are beyond words. The resort is jaw-droppingly beautiful. Pictures just don't capture its true beauty. The resort is well-maintained and spotless. Our room, a two-bedroom suite, was perfect.

I have never encountered such kind and friendly resort employees. They always seemed to know what we might want before we even asked. I truly hope that management is aware of the wonderful employees that they have. Without them, this trip would not have been as special.

The resort is so fantastic, we only left once. We ate all of our meals here. Every meal was fresh and innovative. The guava margaritas are awesome! Dinner at El Farallon is a one-of-a-kind experience with probably one of the most beautiful settings on the planet. Breakfast at Don Manuel's was phenomenal. The food and service were really just above and beyond.

We loved having the airport to resort transfers. It was nice to not have to rent a car. Our drivers were great, offering pleasant conversation and knowledge of the area.

This was the most relaxing and best vacation. I would give it more than 5 stars if I could. We cannot wait to return to Capella!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have an ocean view. The higher rooms offer the best views.
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I just returned from my 6 day trip to Capella with my (adult) daughter. The purpose of the trip was for pleasure.
I cannot say enough about how wonderful our entire stay was.
We have traveled extensively throughout the Caribbean, Mexico and Hawaii staying at top resorts, and this was by far the best trip we have ever taken.
I will not repeat the comments that others have posted which are quite accurate.
But I must compliment the ENTIRE staff on their consistent genuine warmth and helpfulness. They are truly unparalleled.The service was outstanding while not being overbearing or snooty like some other high end resorts.
My only complaint (quite minor) was that there is no service for Verizon phones on the grounds. The location of the hotel (which is an architectural marvel) requires there be an antenna for the phone to work. Apparently, AT&T works but Verizon does not. I did find this a bit annoying and wish I had known in advance so I could purchase a pre-paid phone from another carrier..
I am only posting it since I did not see anyone else post this issue in their comments.
I can't wait to return to Capella and have already recommended it to several friends who have similar travel preferences.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We have just spent the last 4 nights at the Capella resort and is above and beyond amazing! Everything is immaculately maintained, the staff are all so beautiful and friendly and the distance to the marina and downtown is the closest walk away. Buffet breakfast is amazing-so much selection.
The size of this resort is a bit smaller than the usual which makes it great. No competing for pool chairs. Did I mention the service is amazing?? Worth the little extra and the staff make your stay very special.
I've only been gone an hour and miss it already! Well worth it :)

• Stayed November 2012
FashionTravelNYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This review is quite overdue, but I was prompted to write it as I just booked my 2nd trip to Capella for 2012.
(Unfortunately I could only book 1/2 of our stay in Cabo @ Capella due to it being sold out over the New year & can only hope we find a hotel we like half as much) Thankfully we will be concluding our stay & beginning 2013 at this Gorgeous resort.

Its a slice of heaven. My boyfriend and I are young-ish (late 20's/early 30's) but very much appreciate great service and attention to detail. The Capella is beautifully appointed on a very private beach, yet so close to town that you can walk (or take a very inexpensive cab). From the moment you are picked up at the airport the First class service begins. Someone from the resort greets you at baggage claim & the private suburban transfers are the a great way to start your vacation. Though about 45 minutes from the airport, I feel Capella is the ideal location for a relaxing vacation where you can decide to either never leave the resort or venture into town for some action.

We stayed 4 nights last time in May of 2012 over Memorial Day.
FOOD:
Each day we ate breakfast at Don M, which had a wonderful egg station, fresh juice bar, an array of fruits and pastries and creative menu options. We never left unsatisfied and the staff is eager to please. Room service always tried to make accommodations my particular pallet & the pool menu was perfect for ceviche and other easy light fare items during the hot days. My only regret is that we did not eat at El Farallon, we canceled our reservation last minute as we wanted something more low key, but that was a mistake. One that I will render when I return, as I've request a sunset dinner reservation already for Jan. The views and ambiance for second to none.

ROOM: Each room is beautifully appointed with gorgeous views, I don't think you will be unsatisfied no matter what category you book. It also is equipped with WIFI if you need to work a bit. The Plunge pool & outdoor area is great for relaxing.

LOCATION:
In Cabo I feel this is Key, Since the stretch of hotels is vast. The genius of tunneling through the hill not only makes a dramatic entrance to the open air lobby. It allows easy access to the town. If you feel "adventurous" you can climb over the hills down the beach to LOVERS BEACH, which is where you find the famous Arch.

SERVICE:
We had a wonderful butler appointed to us that suggested great restaurants at multiple price points. He also helped with out private charter for deep sea fishing. Everyone is there to make sure you are enjoying & relaxing.

SPA/GYM:
I did not have any services at the spa, prices are on par with 5 star resorts. The gym is very nice and open 24hrs a day. If working out is essential to your daily routine (it is ours) you will be happy to hear that the machines are new and there is void space for abs/alternative cardio/cross-training. I believe the offer a personal training and organized classes as well.

COMPARATIVE: I have to expect that people whom read these reviews do so to decide between properties. I wish I could give you a comparison between the One & Only, Esparenza, or Las V...But I cannot. I can assure you that I am an avid travelers and always stay at high end hotels (Four Seasons, Ritz, Peninsula etc.) I have stayed at one other Cabo hotel (Marquis circa Jan 2006 WAY before it was acquired by Secrets and was rated a 4.5 Star at the time) And a hand full of other Mexican resorts (La Blanc Cancun & Royal Hideaway: Playa del Carmen)...These claim to be 4.5 or 5 stars, these are 4 star properties. Capella is a true 5 star property and I would say stacks up to many I've stayed in Asia, S. America & Europe.

I am excited to go back to Capella.

SIDE NOTE to manager: We are the Smith/Holmstrom's & we are excited to see ya'll Jan 2,2013!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Resort at Pedregal / Capella Pedregal? Share your experiences!