This is the first review I've written but I felt compelled to write this. Upon arrival in a brand new stretch escalade, we were greeted by nearly ten people waiting for us. My girlfriend and I were handed margaritas as we stepped out of the vehicle. The general manager of the hotel (who would ask us how our stay was going nearly ten more times) said hello as did the residences manager and staff. We were walked to our room which was beautifully decorated and had a view of the pool and the beach/ocean.
We headed straight to the pool where we met "Angel"- one of the kindest and hardest working young men we have ever encountered. He made our trip feel like every dollar we spent was worth it. This man is intuitive enough and hard working enough to be running the hotel. Luckily, for at least some time, guests of Capella get the treat of having him wait on them. We remarked that we wouldn't be surprised if "Angel" gets offered a lot of money to come work for a guest who happens to own another hotel.
The pool was the perfect size, not too crowded. The pool food was excellent. And honestly, we ate at Edith's and Market at Palmilla and the food at Capella was far better. There really is no reason to leave this hotel.
A couple other notes-
- Try the fishing trip for a half day. We saw whales, dolphins, sea lions, and caught plenty of fish. When we got back to the hotel, Angel and the staff made sure our fish was prepared fresh by the head chef!
- the spa is among the best in the world. The experience was noteworthy.
- it was clear everyone staying at Capella was very wealthy but people were friendly for the most part. The beach and pool can be as private as you like it to be. If you like to socialize there is plenty of that, but if you wish to be left alone, that's easy.
Overall, I spent over six thousand dollars in four days on this trip and if I'd been told it was double, I would have paid double. I'm coming back next year and every year after until someone finds some place better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos