As owners of this resort, this was our first time staying here. Our concierge (Karen Ramirez) was kind enough to accommodate our request for a Phase 2 unit (Villa # 142) so that we could enjoy the same amenity type and unit we originally purchased 4 years ago.
Villa # 142 is located in Phase 2, which is lower down the hill, and less congested than the Phase 1 units. The Phase 2 units also provide Wi-Fi service which was a bonus and enabled us to make phone calls (wi-fi) without incurring the international rate.
These villas accommodate 6 – 8 people in the 3BR, 3.5BA units. My wife and I felt like we did not do these justice, and wish we had friends & family to share the experience. We are always amazed at the craftsmanship and extra detail put into the construction in Mexico and these units are no exception with marble countertops, stone floors in the bathrooms, kitchen, hallways, vaulted ceilings, etc. As for the amenities and comfort, these units have everything you would ever want:
• plunge pool on the lower level patio (about 20’ wide by 10’ long and 4’ deep)
• Jacuzzi (4 person) on the upper level patio
• Weber grill on the upper patio
• Lounge chairs and tables on both patios
• Outdoor towels for lounging
• Very comfortable beds
There are 2 types of transportation to get you around the resort (shuttle & golf cart). At first, the shuttle service was slow to arrive (55 minutes & several phone calls) during our original check-in date. However, the following days they improved with the golf carts being the quickest and most efficient way to get around (dial 0 on your phone).
The free shuttle from the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach to the sister resort in Pueblo Bonito Rose was very efficient but you must make a reservation with the concierge or at the deli outside of the pickup point at Sunset Beach.
We did not rent a car on this trip as the rental car prices were a determining factor ($10/day base rate, $40 - $50/day with mandatory insurance & taxes in Mexico “ouch”). The transportation around the resort (shuttles & golf carts) are free (tips welcomed).
Getting around to anyplace outside of the Pueblo Bonito resorts will require a taxi ($24 - $32 US roundtrip) so if you do decide to rent a car during your stay there is a carport for each villa where you can park. If you have a large group and can share this expense then the rental car may be a cost effective solution for you. However, if you are looking to save some $$ then it would be beneficial to stock up on groceries to your villa the 1st day and return the car to eliminate the daily rental expense and reduce expenses.
There is some construction of new Villas further up the hill but this was not disturbing to us as the units are self-contained with no adjoining walls and immaculate construction.
Some of the hi-lights of the stay:
• Karen Ramirez – very nice concierge @ Montecristo who ensured our stay was 1st class by checking in with us every day and arranging fun things to do (i.e. Tropicat Cruise, Sunset dinner @ Cibola Restaurant) and even surprised us with a special anniversary desert.
• The Bistro Restaurant @ Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach – excellent food & service, very reasonably priced with excellent views from the balcony
• Cibola Sports Bar @ MonteCristo Estates – beautiful Sunsets, sea bass was excellent
• MonteCristo Villas – the amenities and views from these units are FANTASTIC, we look forward to our return
Overall, our stay at the MonteCristo Estates was 1st class all the way and we look forward to sharing this experience again with friends and family in the future. Hopefully, we will be as fortunate to have Karen Ramirez as our concierge as she truly made us feel WELCOME and SPECIAL during our stay.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Montecristo Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Montecristo Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Montecristo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.