We stayed in Montecristo Villa #60 and it was beautiful! We loved the amazing view, both decks and of course, the infinity pool! Our beds were comfortable and everything was very clean. We were a group of 6 and all self-proclaimed gourmet chefs and we found the kitchen to be very convenient and easy to work in. We learned how the oven worked after taking 3 hours to cook a Tequila cake – which, by the way, turned out to be unbelievably delicious! We were on a 2-week vacation in Cabo, so we loved having the convenience of the washer and dryer. The refrigerator could have been a little bigger and the minor kitchen faucet problems were fixed quickly.
There were a few things that we didn’t like about our Montecristo Villa:
1. We were a group of 6 adults and we could not gather comfortably – all together – in one place except at the dinner table! The living room was rather small and with only 1 couch and 3 chairs, seating was rather inadequate, which we mentioned to the Concierge. The upper deck had only 4 chairs at the table and 2 lounge chairs. On the lower deck, we had 3 lounge chairs and 2 straight back chairs. Again, we were unable to gather comfortably.
2. Towels on the lounge chairs seemed to be in short supply and were not changed daily.
3. Bath towels should have been replaced with a minimum of 2 towels to each bathroom daily. (Extra towels were available in the linen closet.)
4. Wash cloths were also in short supply, as were the small containers of shampoo and lotion.
5. We were warned before we arrived that there might not be an Internet router available for us upon check–in. Well, of course, none was available! However, we were prepared and brought our own so we could stay in communication with our families and business matters. Even though we had a 9:00 AM “appointment” with the IT guys to assist in the router set-up, we had to call a few times to get the IT guys to show up. They knew exactly how to complete the set-up and we were off and running. I’d definitely suggest this idea, but I can’t understand why Montecristo doesn’t have a router in every Villa!!
There were a few things that we didn’t like about Montecristo, in general:
1. It was windy every single day! So windy (and rather cool) that we couldn’t sit out on the decks! We all laughed as the wind would howl thru the closed and locked sliding glass doors! No one told us about this – if they had, we wouldn’t have booked at Montecristo!
2. Transportation really sucks! Getting to the pools at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica was complicated: First, you had to call from the Villa for a shuttle to pick you up and take you to Pueblo Bonito Sunset. Then, you had to wait at PB Sunset for the shuttle to pick you up and drive you to PB Pacifica. Several times, we just walked all the way from our Villa to PB Pacifica, but it was downhill, so not too bad! A couple of times, we tipped the driver who picked us up at PB Pacifica to drive us non-stop back to the Villa. (I hope they didn’t get in trouble!)
3. To get to Pueblo Bonito Rose is even more complicated! First, you must call a day in advance the Concierge for a timed “reservation” on the shuttle from PB Sunset to PB Rose. (Several shuttles were already fully booked when we called!) Then you gotta call from the Villa for a shuttle to take you down to PB Sunset, which must be perfectly timed to catch the PB Rose shuttle, which usually means you arrive 20 minutes early and sit at PB Sunset and wait, and wait, and wait. Not my idea of the best way to spend my vacation time!
4. The cost of Taxi service in Cabo is outrageous! It’s $15 ONE WAY for the taxi from Montecristo to downtown Cabo, Costco, Sam’s Club & Walmart. $30 roundtrip is ridiculous! Too expensive to go downtown for shopping or dinner. And don’t even think about getting off the shuttle to PB Rose – they will NOT stop to let you off in the downtown area! It’s well known that the taxi union has a stranglehold on the hotels, but if this doesn’t improve, we will probably stop coming to Cabo.
We enjoyed two restaurants and would recommend them: The Bistro at PB Sunset and Siempre at PB Pacifica, where we ate twice! (Strange thing though, reservations are on-the-hour only!)
Overall, we were disappointed with the time we spent at Montecristo and will not return. We will, however, continue to vacation at Playa Grande in Cabo San Lucas, which has spectacular views, beautiful pools and we can walk downtown for shopping and dinner without the taxis ripping us off!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Tingo, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Montecristo Estates Pueblo Bonito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Montecristo Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Montecristo Estates Pueblo Bonito Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos