“By far the stand out at this resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #161 of 363 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Naperville, Illinois
“By far the stand out at this resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

While I had a horrible experience staying at this resort in all, this restaurant was the stand out. The servers were very engaging and personable, the food was delicious (except for the sushi), and the theme nights were entertaining. It was bar food, so not what you expect at a all inclusive, and the service was very slow is why I rated it 4 instead of 5

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Calima Restaurant, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Jon

As with your other comments, i thank you on behalf of our staff members. I am happy that your experience at our restaurant was a pleasant one. From the food that was delicious, the theme nights etc. I apologies for any issue that you have with us in general, and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to pamper you on your next holiday.

Lakewood, Colorado, United States
“restaurant food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Outstanding food and service by a friendly, efficient, fun staff:
Orchids to Yoni, Florencio, Alejandra, Mauricio, Oscar, Javier.
Thank you! See you next year!
Suzanne

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Calima Restaurant, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Suzanne

Thank you for kind words to our staff members. Our dear Yoni, Florencio, Javier, Alejandra, our captain Mauricio and our bartender Oscar really enjoy their job. And always create unforgettable moments for our guest, during the theme nights that we have at our restaurant.

Hoping to see you next year again to enjoy our meals,

Maumee
“Lobster and seafood night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Delicious food and plentiful! My husband had the shrimp, my brother in law had the lobster and both my sister and I had the steak. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.

Visited May 2013
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Calima Restaurant, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Seast531

Thank you for your comments regarding the food of our restaurant during tuesday night. Each night we bring a different theme night that offers different flavors to our guests. That you enojy the night, is wonderful for us. I will share your comments abour our lobster, shrimp and steak with our Chef Moises and his team.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Best Bartender at Playa Grande!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Oscar the bartender made the best drinks in Cabo! He was so friendly and very inviting. Everytime we needed a drink all week we went to Oscar, he even served us in plastic cups so we could go back to the pool!
He really kept us happy all week, thank you for the amazing service!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Calima Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear jaclyn

Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding your most recent visit to our restaurant.
I will share with Oscar your comments about his service, attitude and the quality drinks he made for you. We want that all our guest feel completely satissfied when they enjoy our meals and drinks in general.

Edwardsburg
“Worst food while in Cabo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I always stay at Playa Grande, and this was the first time we went to Calima because it was all inclusive for us. It took us forever to be seated, and although our service was good, the food was terrible! It was all-you-can-eat lobster night, so we all ordered surf and turf. I wanted my steak medium. It was like leather. My lobster was beyond rubbery, so I didn't touch much of that. My friend ordered two additional lobsters, and she said those were good. I was disappointed we wasted so much time...

Visited April 2013
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Calima Restaurant, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Igmunoz

I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the problems you encountered during your recent visit at our restaurant.
Please rest assured we are taking corrective actions to prevent such things from happening in the future. I am talking on the proceess of the seating, the quality of the lobster. I am glad your friends have a different experience, saying their lobster were good, nevertheless is dissaponting you were not satisfied by our service.
We appreciate you taking the time to write to us with your concerns as this helps us to constantly strive for improvement and excellence.
I look forward to resolving this matter and hopefully to see you soon again at our restaurant Calima.