“Camp Ignacio Springs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ignacio Springs Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Ignacio
Ignacio Springs Bed & Breakfast
You added Ignacio Springs Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Apartado Psotal #14, San lino, San Ignacio 23930, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 3 San Ignacio B&B and Inns
Palm Desert
“Camp Ignacio Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Gary and Terry's B&B was a great stay for me traveling the Baja solo. I would have stayed longer but they were booked. It felt more like a camp than a B&B and I mean that in a good way.
I alway think of a B&B as a renovated old house with all the rooms under one roof. Ignacio Springs is any think but You get your own yurt which are spread around the palm grove which is their property and are very nice and clean. The owners Gary and Terry were great and they whip up some good chow for dinner and breakfast served family style on the patio. I can't wait for next time I travel the Baja so I can stay longer at this wonderful oasis,- Camp Ignacio Springs B&B - in the quant little Pueblo of San Ignacio

Room Tip: I have only stayed in one room and that was the Howard Johnson which was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

After being in the desert for a few days with no shade and nothing but dust, it was such a blessing to pull into this place and be welcomed with smiles and friendly, Accommodating staff. Terri did a great Job shuffling things around t accomodate us. She made sure we had everything we needed. There was a great family feel to the place with the other guests. we helped our selves to the beer in the fridge (kept track of course:) and sat around the table where dinner was served family style. Breakfast in the morning was also phenomenal. We enjoyed the place so much that we decided to turn our quick overnight in San Ignacio into two nights. Terri also set me up with same awesome whale watching in the bay.

Room Tip: Close to the river, away from the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Oliphant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

This place was recommended to us by my sister-in-law. What a great find! Staying in a Yurt has now been checked off on my 'life list'. We arrived with no reservation about 6 pm and found the office immediately. Unless you are a brain dead Vegan, who doesn't look where they step, you'll find it too! We were shown a couple units and LOVED them. Host Gary was away, but Hostess Terry is more than capable to maintain the helm. Rather than head into the village (5 minute drive) for dinner it was suggested by Terry's helpful friend that she would check to see if we could be added to the dinner guest list. There was and we did. A lovely family style meal was served at a big table with most (or all?) of the other guests. It was delicious.
Talking with the other guests and Terry was fun and informative. We planned to go to the San Ignacio Lagoon the next day to whale watch. After talking to everyone, we left it in Terry's hands - she set it all up and we were whisked away the next morning for the most amazing event I have experienced. A story for another day! Breakfast is included and was delicious both days.
The Yurt was incredible! Bed was super comfortable, all furnishings were perfect. We loved it so much we stayed an extra night. By the way there is wifi up by the office.
San Igancio IS off the beaten path, but definitely on the the path to whale watching that before I could only dream of. As I have told my friends and family this 'whale encounter' is an experience everyone needs to do at least once in their lives, and stay in a Yurt when you do it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Powell River, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I love dogs, we travel with a standard poodle but I pick up my dog's poo. We had always heard this place was wonderful, so when we arrived in San Ignacio on our transpennisular trip, we decided to check and see if they had a place for us for the night. When I got out of the car, my foot landed in a pile of dog poo. When I looked around, there seemed to be quite a bit of it in the entrance area. The owners have dogs, so I guess they don't pick the messes up. Not to be daunted, we looked around for an office.The office wasn't marked, but there were two people in a big room; a woman on a computer and a man lying on a couch. The greeting was pretty much "What do you want?" Do you have any rooms available? The man pulled himself to his feet and said he would show us what was available. We're Canadians, like the owners, so we asked where he lived in Canada. He launched into a description of his life in Northern BC which seemed to consist primarily of killling animals for fun. Maybe this is what he does, but it's not a topic that hotel operators should talk to potential guests about. We don't eat meat and think hunting is repulsive; so I admit, our feelings about the place deteriorated even further after this conversation. The room he showed us was a two bed bungalow that looked dusty and shabby. Another reviewer complained about thrift store furniture and I totally agree. The beds looked saggy. The whole bungalow had a shabby look. The $87.00 a night price we were quoted was staggeringly high for what we were shown. There was a breakfast included with the room, but after looking at the standard of cleanliness - dog poo and dust, we didn't think we'd want to eat there. We didn't take the room. We stayed at the Desert Springs for half the price for a comfortable bed in a clean room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

It is truly a gem in the oasis called San Ignacio! Charmingly different from the usual hotel block, the tents/yurts are well maintained. Our yurt was exceptionally clean- crisp, fresh towels & sheets, a small microwave and fridge and a very large bathroom and room. It felt tranquil,light, fresh and peaceful. The river running right behind our yurt was a magnificent sight & treat. Dinner was family style and was very good. Terry is a charming and very social hostess. She is very willing to accommodate special food requests as long as she is told in advance.
All in all, a wonderful place and I would recommend it and the charming, old little town of San Ignacio to anyone making the drive up the Baja.

Room Tip: The Chinese yurt is wonderful, king bed, private bath.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Terry and Gary are terrific hosts. Their knowledge of the area was extremely helpful. The yurts were sparkly clean, the shared meals delicious and plentiful. Meals are available to folks not staying at the yurts too. We highly recommend this delightful B & B.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way to see the whales. We stayed in the big yurt which had 2 queen beds and a double which was perfect for the four us (2 adults and 2 children). THe yurt was very clean and the beds and linens very comfortable. The location was great. It's next to the river and there are kayaks and fishing rods that you can use for free. THey even provided my son with bread that he used to catch fish.The breakfast was delicious in the morning and they made us eggs to order. I think most of the yurts have their own bathrooms but the big yurt has a communal bathroom so that was a drawback. The other thing I didn't like were the rooster and the trucks driving by in the morning. Other than that it's a great place and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ignacio Springs Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!