We had a three day midweek break at this hotel. The room itself was adequate, clean and tidy. The t.v. had only one channel working properly, channel 5. You could hear the tv and people from the room below quite clearly, also everytime the bathroom in the room next to us was used . We soon got the idea to arrive for all the meals first as there seemed to be only one person taking the orders, and the later you arrived, the longer you had to wait. The meals were good, but I agree with other posts that they were expensive.
The village of Branscombe was lovely, with a path leading down to the beach. We visited Sidmouth, Lyme Regis and Charmouth, which we really liked, but didn't stay long at Beer or Seaton. There were plenty of coastal paths to walk if you like walking.
- Also Known As:
- Masons Arms Hotel
- Masons Arms Hotel Branscombe
- Masons Arms Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Hotel Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Branscombe, Devon, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Branscombe, one of Britain’s most picturesque villages, is the award winning, 14th Century, Masons Arms Hotel.Our Rosette awarded restaurant offers an exciting and creative menu in relaxed fine dining surroundings; and our award winning bar menu includes fish specialities including locally caught Lobster and Crab, as well as joints of meat spit roasted over the open fire in the bar. We serve as many as six locally brewed bitters and the finest wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Masons Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.