This was our 3rd stay; we have had the same room each time & it has been refurbished between our visits. The hotel is a picturesque thatched building in a lovely, peaceful location near to the sea. One can eat either in the pub area or in the quieter more formal dining room; there is a good choice of dishes & the food is excellent. The staff were good - friendly & helpful especially Michael who carried our bags to our room, managed to get us a table in spite of the dining room being already fully booked & refused to accept a tip ! The only problem with service was one day when one of the staff had gone off sick at the last moment & those working had difficulty coping - couldn't keep up with orders & table clearing.
I would certainly recommend a stay at this hotel & would happily return for a 4th time !
N.B. No mobile phone reception so no chance of irritating phones calls in the bar or dining room !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Branscombe, one of Britain's most picturesque villages, is the award winning, 14th Century, The Masons Arms. This charming thatched Inn dates back to 1350 - a cider house turned country pub - and the men who cut the stone for Exeter Cathedral drank here, hence the name. With only a leisurely ten minute stroll to Branscombe Beach, The Masons Arms offers an ideal base to escape the stresses of modern life and enjoy the magical vista of sea, beaches and the spectacular walks offered by the ninety five miles of Devon and Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The authentic interiors ooze character with timber frames, low beamed ceilings, pine cladding, whitewashed walls and a huge roaring log fire. Our award winning Restaurant offers an exciting and creative menu in relaxed fine dining surroundings. The Masons Arms kitchen brigade are dedicated to sourcing the very best of local Dartmoor produce. The cooking is classy yet simple, perfect for a special meal or relaxing Country lunch. We serve as many as six locally brewed bitters and the finest wines from around the world. The 21 bedrooms at the Masons Arms Branscombe, are cosy, stylish and inviting, blending comfort with character. The Masons Arms has been awarded a FOUR STAR rating under the Inn category by Quality in Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, LateRooms, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Masons Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masons Arms Hotel Branscombe
- Masons Arms Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Hotel Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Branscombe, Devon, England