“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Penmaenmawr Rd, Llanfairfechan LL33 0PA, Wales   |
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This has to be one of the best hotels\B&B's we've EVER stopped in and we've been to Canada, America, Australia, Dubai and most of Europe, and there nestled up on the North Wales coast is an absolute gem. The complimentary cream team. The complimentary sherry. Beautiful rooms. Beautiful gardens. Everywhere spotless. The warmest of welcomes. It's hard to describe how much we enjoyed our stay without it seeming over the top, but it really was a wondeful experience. It was like stepping back in time to a calmer more peaceful world. Thank you so much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
BryKei, Owner at Glanarvon House, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments,it is was a pleasure to welcome you to our home and so pleased you had a relaxing time,we hope one day to welcome you again to Glanarvon House.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lincolnshire, England, UK.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My dad and i stayed here so we cold visit my nan. The setting is lovely with beautiful decor inside.the rooms were so comfortable and clean and the layout included a sitting room upstairs next door to our rooms. There was so much on offer from tv's in rooms or dvd's in the sitting room. bottles of water,tea and coffee ect. We were met by one of the owners who couldn't do enough for us and offered us a drink on arrival. Unfortunately we declined only later to read in the comments book that it would have been tea and scones in the sun house - wish we had listened to keith! We had a pleasant night and then the best was to come - breakfast! WOW!
freshly cut fruit,homemade bread, croisants cooked breakfast with just about everything on the plate you can imagine,plus the usual cereals,yoghurts,toast. Again nothing was too much trouble for the owners.we had a really nice stay. thanks. natalie and peter

Room Tip: They are all lovelly
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Monmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Glanarvon House! Our hosts were kind, welcoming and helpful! The house and garden are beautiful; everything is immaculate, spotless and pretty! The welcome cream tea, the home baked biscuits and the breakfast were delicious! The bedroom was lovely, the guest lounge cosy and the selection of DVDs available impressive!
The Glanaravon House experience made our stay in North Wales very special! We left feeling relaxed and very happy! We will definately stay again and will recommend this B&B to family and friends!
Thank you for a lovely weekend!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in overlooked the garden; beautiful and peaceful!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is the first review I have done for this wonderful B & B,I have in fact stayed twice before but never thought about writing a review,so here goes.
I found this delightful place last october where we booked on speck after seeing it on the net,we stayed for two nights ,first thing that we noticed was the decor,just stunning, antiques and chandeliers in the diningroom,bedrooms are very nicely decorated,comfy beds everything you want , flat screen tv's and I was very surprised at all the extra's, super power showers ,a nice touch was the turndown service at night with a chocolate on the pillow,not seen that since we went to a big hotel in Mexico last year.
Everything about this place is extra special from the tea on arrival with super fresh scones(baked when you arrive).
Breakfast in morning I cannot fault, everything you would wish for from fresh fruit,homemade bread ,cold meats and cheese and on top of that a cooked breakfast,what more could one want.
To say that I enjoyed it is an understatment,it was fantastic ,both Bryan & Keith are to be congratulated on their hard work and to think they had five stars from the welsh tourist board
since they opened last summer.,well done.
I will return as this was our second visit, everything was just as perfect.
We will be back for sure. Thanks once again.

Room Tip: room 2 (which we had) overlooks the lovely garden
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Shoreham by Sea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed here recently during a quiet time and was treated superbly by one of the owners (Keith). Nothing was too much trouble. Two guys running this sort of business bring a certain quality that you cannot find with other couples – I can’t explain it, it just works. Here’s an example: I arrived late on Sunday night after a long journey and settled into my room. After trying to find a place to eat out (and failing – everywhere was shut on a Sunday night!) I returned to watch a bit of TV in their lounge and eat some sandwiches bought locally. I was the only one there and requested tea. Well, 10 minutes later the tea arrived in proper China cup, with a lovely pot, hot water, milk and sugar both in a China jug and bowl respectively. And he brought plates, knives and spoon for my food. How good is that? I was honestly expecting a mug of tea and a cruddy old plate – which would have been fine – but this was so much better!
My room was also lovely. Slightly old fashioned but the attention to detail was excellent and I cannot praise these guys high enough. Their standards are set very high and it appears to me they do not intend to let them slip.
If I return to this part of Wales (I was here on business) I wouldn’t stay anywhere else. Trust me, just go!

Room Tip: There is a grandfather clock on the landing where most of the bedrooms are located, and it does chim...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I recently returned from a short break in North Wales. I stayed in a beautiful, large, period house with stunning views over the garden and beyond.

My hosts, Bryan and Keith, were warm, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I am a vegetarian and my breakfasts, served in their lovely large kitchen, were created with imagination and care.

The room I stayed in was beautifully furnished; spotlessly clean (one of my priorities) with an en-suite shower room. The room was well appointed and included tea/coffee making facilities, TV and Wi-Fi Internet access. Guests also had use of their own lounge, which was a nice surprise.

The house is surrounded by lovely countryside and is a short walk to the beach. It is also very handy for visiting attractions like Conway Castle, Llandudno and Portmeirion. There was plenty of safe parking within the grounds of the house. I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Solihull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Bryan and Keith made us very welcome in their stunning home. Our bedroom had coffee and tea making facilIities,and a very comfortable bed. We had an en - suite shower with luxury towels.There was also a guest lounge on the same floor as our bedroom where we could relax after a day out. Full breakfast was served in their spacious kitchen and we had everything we wanted. We were impressed with the excellent service throughout our stay.
The surrounding area has beautiful countryside and beach and the house is located in close proximity to Conway castle - only a drive away.
We enjoyed our stay, and plan to visit again.

Chris and David from The Midlands.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Glanarvon House? Share your experiences!