TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Total relaxation in a quality condo with all the amenities of home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Posada Condominiums & Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Carlos
Posada Condominiums & Resort
You added Posada Condominiums & Resort to your Saves list
Blvd. Manlio Fabio Beltrones Km 11, San Carlos 85506, Mexico   |
Kalispell, Montana
“Total relaxation in a quality condo with all the amenities of home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Enjoyed our stay thoroughly without exception. The kitchenette had top quality appliances and solid surface counters. The beds were comfortable and when anything was needed, the room service was prompt. We were three friends who wanted separate beds and the 1 bedroom worked perfectly for us as there was a very good Murphy bed in the living room area with its own bathroom close by. Would highly recommend this condo and the location since it was very close to good restaurants.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Carolos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

We have traveled to San Jose del Cabo for over 25 years. We were tired of the crowds. We heard of San Carlos through a friend. We luckily found Posado Condominiums. This place is outstanding. Away from the road, on a "clean" swimmable sandy beach. Eddie,( the manager?) runs this place like a well oiled machince and so graciously. The staff is courteous, takes pride in their work, and couldn't be more helpful. Even though this was our first time here(1 month) we realize we found the best place after exploring around the area. We love it! Beautiful view, sunsets, can't say enought about it. Oh, you might want to go for a Sunset Cruise on Hattie Annie at the first marina. Steve and Areseli are great!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

We flew from Calgary to Tucson at the end of December 2009 and stayed for a few days. We were planning a further week long trip either to San Diego or 'somewhere in Mexico'. A few friends told us we should try San Carlos, only about 500 km to the south. We rented a car and took a leisurely 6 hour trip south through Nogales to San Carlos. After checking a few of the local condos and hotels, we settled on Posada Condominiums for a week. What a great choice. Eddy made us feel at home throughout the stay, the pool and tub were always available with very few people around. Restaurants and pubs are all nearby, but its still best to have a car. We went for a walk every day and did not feel threatened a all.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Kailua, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

It was looking for a place to stay for myself and several colleagues after finishing a research cruise in the Sea of Cortez. There were a number of big resorts that seemed okay, but when I came across the web site for the Posada Condominiums it sounded great. We all stayed there, and everyone was quite pleased. The unit I rented was right on the beach - I had brought an inflatable kayak that I could carry out the back door right to the water. I went kayaking up the coast for a few days, and before I left I booked another day in the Posada Condos for my return. They stored a bag for me while I was out paddling, and it was very convenient to just paddle back to the condo to clean up and pack for my flight out the next day. Thanks, Eddie and Alejandro!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Sierra Vista, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Posada Condominiums in San Carlos, SON, Mexico, on November 26-19, 2009.

First, about the condos. We cannot say enough good words about this place – architecturally beautiful, meticulously maintained both inside the building and around it, with a great view on the beach and the shoreline. The management and all the workers there were extremely helpful and eager to make our stay enjoyable. The General Manager, Eddie, is just a fabulously friendly guy who does a great job (actually, it’s his family’s business and we could tell he really cares about it.)

The town of San Carlos is very scenic and has all the amenities for a good vacation. Plenty of places to eat, or to have a drink while looking at the picturesque shore, or take on water sports. It seems to be good for serious divers as much as for families with children, or just couples like us.

We ate at several sandwich places and coffee shops like Bob Barracuda's (all of them were good), and at two restaurants – Blackie’s and Fiesta Real hotel – which were excellent. Prices are no higher, nor they are lower, than those in the States (we did not find there dirt-cheap prices.) But the food and drinks were up to the notch and in great variety.

Getting there from the border and back was a straight forward affair most of the time, although, there was a long line to the US Customs on the way back. Just make sure not to use crossing at Nogales, but the Mariposa crossing point which bypasses Nogales. The only part of the trip that required some concentration was in the city of Hermosillo. We did not have a street map of it, and had to follow Highway15 by looking for signs. Although the signs are not posted often enough to reassure that you are still on that road but, they do tell you when you need to make a turn in order to get back to the highway.

All in all, we highly recommend this place to anyone.

Alex and Ann.

Green Valley, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

This summer we visited San Carlos twice (July and August) and both times we stayed at the Posada. The first time we stayed in a 7th floor tower unit with spectacular views of the bay and mountains. The second time we were in a first-floor studio overlooking the beach. The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. Both units included a well-equipped kitchen, dining area, and private balcony. A very nice beach restaurant is right next door. (On both our visits,"Bands on the Beach" featured Tucson musical groups at the restaurant -- great party!) Even though a bit pricey, we plan on staying there again on our next trip because of its location and quality accommodations.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Upon my arrival the room I rented had problems with the Air Conditioner, like it didn't work. Problem! It is 100 degrees today! My main concern for a room, I would stay in while in San Carlos, was to have cold airconditiong. When the AC didn't produce the cold air I needed and wanted I contacted Management and they immediately corrected the problem by putting us up in a 2 bedroom condo with ALL the amenities for the night at no additional charge. WOW, what a room! I could stay there for a month. The next day the AC was corrected and we had an option of moving back to our original room or stay in the room we are in now, (more $ per day). We decided to stay in the 2 bed room as it had everything a person could want including the ocean sounds and breeze just a mere stones throw away from our balcony. Both rooms would be acceptable to me for staying in but the 2 BR was spectacular and we just couldn't leave it. Well, management gave us a great discount on that room as well and made us a couple of happy customers who will definitely choose this place again the next time either of us goes to San Carlos. And with all the great food and scuba diving in San Carlos we both will be back again soon. The property has a very nice pool over looking the ocean as well. The parking lot is protected by a security guard so you won't have to worry about your car while you are in your room. The property has a long driveway to the condos putting you a good distance from the noisey and busy main road, I found this to be a big plus. The drive down from Tucson was a pleasant and uneventfull ride. Just what I was hoping for. I was a bit apprehensive about driving into Mexico with all the scarey publicity the Country has been getting but I have been convinced by several people that the problems are not at all widespread as the news portrays it. Our ride there and back was on a 4 lane divided highway. The highway was in fantastic shape but has no (ZERO) shoulder. If you run your tires off the shoulder you are probably going to roll your car. Not what you wanted to experience when you planned this trip to San Carlos was it? If that doesn't stop you in your tracks then maybe the next hazzard will. There are 2 small towns you drive through that have these poorly displayed speed bumps that will rip your under carriage away from your vehicle if you hit them faster than 5 MPH and you will then become a long term guest of that small Mexican town until someone can get you another vehicle because that one is no longer working. Again, not what you wanted to experience when you planned this trip to San Calos was it? If that doesn't turn you back then you are going to have a good time because those two situations can be easily avoided and won't stop me from going back to San Carlos

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Posada Condominiums & Resort? Share your experiences!