TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info
Bonifacio's Cotton Club Gourmet Restaurant & Beach Lounge
Boulevard Manilo Fabio Beltrones | Km. 20 S/N Local 1, San Carlos C.P. 85506, Mexico
+52 622 132 6152
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
hermosillo
“Attention!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Yes, it is a great place where you can spend your day and have good food. But I was victim of electronic fraud! As I played the bill with my credit card. I received a notification on me cellphone that I had been charged for more money. And an employee told my it happens often!!!

fraboto, Owner at Bonifacio's Cotton Club Gourmet Restaurant & Beach Lounge, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Hello

Thank you fior writing us! Sorry you did not get a clear explanaion of thiis!

You were not a victim of itnernet fraud. When a clients pays with a credit card, our bank protects a certain amount in case you leave a tip. If you have your phone set up to email transactions, you will definatelly get an email with a higher amount that the check, nevertheless at the end of the shift and credit cards get closed out, the actual amount you signed for will be bi
do not worry, check your bank when the acurate charge comes

“The Best of San Carlos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for the very best restaurant in San Carlos and we found it despite the negative input from a certain real estate agent. His objection was the price point which was not a criterium for us. After all, it was just one meal and the price was irrelevant. Wish we had tried it earlier on in our stay so we had time to return for another great meal. We arrived rather early for dinner and had our choice of tables. There were a variety of seating choices from the main dining room to multiple patios with amazing Sea of Cortez views to dye for. The service was efficient and very friendly. The seafood was top notch. After dinner we had drinks and desert on a patio and watched the sunset over the Sea of Cortez. It doesn't get any better in San Carlos.

• Visited May 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best cheeseburgers in paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We love this place! Our family enjoys spending the day at this beautiful establishment,
enjoying their tasty margaritas, delicious and generous ceviche. And the best cheeseburgers in San Carlos! My husband swears by them. (and he has very discerning taste).
The beachfront is delightful for watching the kite-boarders and just relaxing in the sun.
The interior of the restaurant is chic yet very comfortable.
One of my favorite spots, by far, in San Carlos. Do not miss!!

• Visited December 2012
Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico
“Simply the best over all experience in San Carlos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

It was wonderful to see a restaurant with a touch of class and glamour. There is an informal beach bar - lounge area overlooking the ocean with gazebos, chase lounges and palapas. Inside there is a private salon for parties and an eclectic main dinning room with panoramic ocean views. Last but not least, what can I say about the food, simply the best San Carlos has to offer, my wife tried the shrimp tacos and I had lobster (both were fantastic)...I truly recomend it as a must visit

• Visited June 2012
AZ
“Wonderful location, beautiful views, impressive layout.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Bonifacio's is a beautiful restaurant. It's elegant. Fancy. The views are incredible. It's on the beach with unparalleled sunsets. On some nights they have live music. This has always been a wonderful experience.

My wife and I have eaten there about a dozen times since its opening a few years back. We generally don't regret the lunches and dinners we've had.

There's a few reasons why we don't rate it 5 stars (yet).

The service provided by the waiters is generally horrible. That's pretty standard for Mexico. But then, so are 10 peso tacos. I don't mind bad service when I'm spending a a few dollars, but I rarely leave Bonifacios without spending at least around $50 per person for food and drinks. I'm guessing they pay their staff next to nothing, because that's about all you get from them. I noticed other reviewers mentioning a similar experience, so hopefully the management will make an effort to change this.

The food is often superb. But not always. I've had everything on the menu and many items more than once. There is an inconsistency in the way the food is presented, as well in the taste. However, I would say I am more often pleased than disappointed.

Unquestionably, Bonifacio's is the nicest restaurant in San Carlos or Guaymas. Nothing else even comes close. Prices are high, but not even remotely close to an expensive restaurant in the States. Despite the poor service, it's worth visiting.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Bonifacio's Cotton Club Gourmet Restaurant & Beach Lounge also viewed

San Carlos, Sonora

San Carlos, Sonora

Been to Bonifacio's Cotton Club Gourmet Restaurant & Beach Lounge? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bonifacio's Cotton Club Gourmet Restaurant & Beach Lounge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.