We booked at the San Carlos Plaza Hotel because they came up as "dog friendly". The booking was via Expedia. When we arrived, they would not allow us to even have our dog, on a leash and well behaved. walk through the lobby. We booked a room with a sea view but were shown a sad little affair facing a wall on the extreme corner of the building. A girl at the desk claims she called and spoke with my wife, explaining that we could not have a dog in a sea view room. This is untrue. We spoke to no representative of the hotel until we tried to check in, tired after a eight hour drive. One of the desk workers suggested that we simply leave the dog in the car overnight. We were told that if we didn't like it, we should contact Expedia. This is not a place to go to with a pet and we elected to walk out and find another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Carlos Plaza Hotel Resort & Convention Center is located in San Carlos, Guaymas, Sonora Mexico. Just four and half-hours drive from Nogales Arizona or a quick 55 minute flight from Phoenix Sky Harbor International airport, this ocean front property entices you to come back over and over again. The San Carlos Plaza Hotel Resort & Convention center is the only Gran Turismo hotel in Sonora, in front of the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your San Carlos Plaza Hotel Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Carlos Plaza Hotel Resort And Convention Center
- San Carlos Plaza Hotel Hotel San Carlos
- Plaza San Carlos