“A Perfect Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quinta Recreo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Quinta Recreo
You added Quinta Recreo to your Saves list
Recreo 102, San Miguel de Allende 37700, Mexico   |
Pyrenees Orientales
“A Perfect Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

We visited San Miguel in March and stayed at Quinta Recreo. After a very long journey from France it was like finding a little piece of paradise. It is the perfect spot to wind down, situated as it is within walking distance of the town centre but hidden away in a very quiet little spot.
We stayed in one of the eight casitas owned and run by Ildiko and Federico. They themselves are absolutely charming, helpful and very efficient in every way. We were given a most helpful file containing information about museums, restaurants etc. They were always on hand to ensure that you were getting the best out of your holiday.
Each casita has it's own patio screened by masses of bougainvilleas and other exotic plants. We stayed in a large studio which was supplied with everything you could possibly need. It was kept spotlessly clean by one of the very discreet staff and the gardens were also kept very neat and tidy.
Every morning we would sit on our patio and watch humming birds within feet of us drinking their fill of the nectar. Overhead were lots of other birds including egrets who were busy all the time, collecting material for their nests. In fact the only noise we heard was the sound of the birds singing, (apart from the occasional noise of firecrackers being let off somewhere to celebrate something!)
We met other guests who were all making return visits to Quinta Recreo. In fact if we ever get back to San Miguel we would head straight back there too.
I really recommend this delightful place.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — No dislikes
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
spencer, iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location of the apartment was excellent, quiet but close to El Centro. The unit was very clean with an attentive staff. The owners could not have been more accomodating. We hope to stay again.

Stayed February 2008
Pearland, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

I stayed at Quinta Recreo in Feb 08 with my wife in Casita Jasmin.

This is a fabulous property. The best point is the location. It is on a nice sreet called Recreo, near the main park in town. It is a pretty easy walk to most of town. There are steps up to the casitas, so keep this in mind when booking. I also like the owners; they are so nice and friendly and extremely helpful. The ambience is also fantastic. It oozes colonial charm. The courtyard for the property is so inviting. Casita Jasmin itself is better than the pictures on the website. You feel like you are staying in colonial Mexico. The casita with the most privacy, I believe is Casita Azar. The unit kitchen also is very nice and came in handy for many of our meals. They also provide a water delivery service which is useful.

A few minor negative points. The housekeeping staff is very nice and helpful, though at times forget to provide some basics. I dont know if this is forgetfullness or a problem with supplies. The only other thing is that Casita Jasmin can get cool on cold nights in San Miguel (although I must admit, we do have a low cold threshold). The owners were very helpful and provided extra blankets and electric heater ( which did not work that well). The unit does have a gas heater, though I would suggest a carbon monoxide detector in the unit for safety concerns.

Once again, the above minor negatives did not affect our love for the property. We had a fabulous time in San Miguel and Quinta Recreo was the icing on the cake. The owners are very helpful. The booking process is a breeze since the owners are so prompt with emails. I will be sure to stay at this property again. It is one of the most fantastic properties in the world.

• Stayed February 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
portland, oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2008

This was our first trip to San Miguel de Allende and, with help from the Trip Advisor SMA Forum, we knew we wanted to stay close to, but not in, The Jardin area in The Centro. Quinta Recreo was perfectly situated. We could walk everywhere easily and were far enough from a lot of the noise of the Jardin. Very close to the Parque Jaurez and El Chorro, where the sounds of the birds and the church bells gently woke us every morning. Actually, Parque Jaurez is much more of a garden than El Jardin, which is much more of a central plaza, fyi.

We stayed in Casita Siesta which is exactly how it appears on the Quinta Recreo website. This little apartment had a nice layout, and we enjoyed eating breakfast every morning in our garden patio. Everything was clean and in good shape, no bugs or other pests whatsoever, nice fresh flowers, bottled water in good supply, a coffee maker with coffee ready to go. The bed was comfortable, soft sheets, ample blankets. Good hot water pressure in the shower with thick, soft towels as good as any fine hotel - truly. It was a lovely place to return to every night.

Perhaps the best thing about Quinta Recreo, however, was the fine couple who own the place: Ildiko and Federico Cervantes. They were incredibly gracious and attentive, very kind, very helpful, and friendly. They are both fluent in English and had a welcoming presence start to finish. They both had lots of good ideas for places to visit, restaurants, etc., and even helped to set up Spanish lessons for us.

If you plan to stay there, book your reservation early. We met other guests of Quinta Recreo who are repeat visitors -- this place is a gem.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, beautiful, affordable, good location
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

My wife and I just returned from a one week stay at the Quinta Recreo in San Miguel Allende in Mexico. We had a terrific time and a good portion of it was because we stayed in the Jasmine casita (attached cottage) owned and managed by Ildiko and Frederico Cervantes. They were invariably helpful, pleasant and friendly when we asked and unabtusive when we did not. The casita is pleasantly decorated and comfortably sized. The jasmine plant by the front window infused the whole courtyard and our casita. The Quinta Recreo is about five relatively flat blocks from the central plaza so we walked everywhere from the casita. Ildiko and Fredrico have a three ring binder which has suggestions from previous guests that we found useful as a get started guide. We give Quinto Recreo an excellent rating.

Stayed December 2007
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

I visited Quinta Recreo for two weeks in January on my first visit to San Miguel. So many choices on the websites was a bit overwhelming but the gardens and character of Quinta Recreo just sounded sweet and perfect. I was not disappointed in any way and by the time I left San Miguel I could see I had been lucky to choose a perfect place. Even my friends who live there were impressed with the beauty and serenity of Quinta Recreo. The location could not be better, so close to the Jardin, best restaurants and shops. I loved walking to everything from Quinta Recreo.

The owner/managers, Ildiko and Federico Cervantes were very gracious, always available but never intruding. Quinta Recreo has been in Federico's family since mid 40's and I found them both very charming and interesting. I savored my breakfasts on the shady patio and loved being surrounded by the lush gardens and quiet atmosphere.

I truly loved everything about Quinta Recreo, I wish it were my place and I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Beautiful and serene historical character, lush gardens, quiet ambiance and friendly service
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Quinta Recreo.

The gardens were beautiful and it felt like a little
bit of paradise.

It was great to haveour own kitchen and sitting room - and we enjoyed our peaceful evenings sitting outside
Casita Jazmin so much that we hardly ventured out
after dark!!

Ildiko and Federico were perfect hosts - always
available when you needed something but very
unobtrusive.

Really recommended

• Liked — setting
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quinta Recreo? Share your experiences!