“Their 2010 promotion rocks! Great savings in such a wonderful hotel with heartwarming staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pablos Suites

Pablos Suites
You added Pablos Suites to your Saves list
Pablos Suites
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   San Antonio #13a | Col. Centro, San Miguel de Allende 37700, Mexico   |
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I took advantage of their 2010 promotion which I saw in Twitter. The hotel did not disappoint me. Location was great.. close to everything. The staff was really helpful too. As an arts buff myself, I really enjoyed the art gallery tour they had set up. They also offered horseback riding which me and my husband really enjoyed. I highly recommend their accommodations to anyone who would love to visit San Miguel and save. Got 50% their published rates and stayed more than a week.

Thank you Pablo for making our stay in San Miguel truly memorable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Monterrey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

So.. we made the reservation 3 months early and when we got there they gave us another room, difrent from the one we booked, there was NO water and when we tried to talk to Pablo he was like... you try and call the water company yourself...
they sent us to another hotel of his and tried to get 4 of us on a double bed...no a/c no nothing....they charge us for two rooms... and kicked us out the next morning and when we got mad...cause, you now.... we DID make a reservation 3 MONTHS AHEAD, they threaten to call the police..... STILL they did charge us for two rooms and said it was our fault. cause apparently to stay in the tinniest monst unconfortable, hot-as-hell room ever you have to make a reservation like 4 years ahead..... so DONT EVER STAY THERE unless you want to end up in jail and moneyless.

• Liked — ummm...nothing?
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

I don't usually take time to write reviews, but after our stay here I thought I needed to let the Tripadvisor community know about this place.

I have family here in SMA and stay in various hotels while I am visiting. For all around value and location, Pabos Suites really fit the bill. It is literally right across the street from the historic Instituto Allende where there is a popular Spanish school and also shops and restaurants.

The suites were all set up for extended stays with a comfortable sitting area and kitchen. I stayed upstairs and really enjoyed the view of the Paroquia from my room.

Really nothing bad to say about this place. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maine, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2007

Poor implementation of a good concept.
The toilet did not work. It would not even flush a single piece of toilet paper. On one day of our three day stay, there was no water at all. We did not eat the included breakfast because workers were using the table next to our breakfast table to paint furniture (oil based paints in a poorly ventilated room).
The management is never on the property, and the staff has no discretion to solve problems. Requests for reduction in rate to reflect the above inconveniences were met with blank expressions.
San Miguel has many other choices. I recommend any of them rather than this terrible place.

• Liked — Web site - Not representative of the property
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pablav, Owner at Pablos Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2008
We are really concern with this review. We are sure you made a mistake on the property. Because this hotel has its own water pump plant and electricity generator. This is why we have excelent water presure and we always have water and electricity. Regarding the painting, we have not touch the building painting walls because its the caracter of the place to be ancient and unique. We have 24 hour reception service. But anyway this will help us to put more effort to bring you the best quality time and service when you stay with us.

Thank you Managment.
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

After viewing the web site and reading some reviews, we decided to give Pablo Suites a try. Pricewise, Pablo´s is one of the better deals in San Miguel. However, you get what you pay for. It is a very small hotel with virtually no service what so ever, this means it is even difficult to find someone at the reception desk. I think the staff also works in the shop next door. The beds are very hard, which seems to be the norm in Mexico and the room tends to be hot, small fan that is not effective, and street noise is abundant. The jardin is probably about a ten minute walk. I do not want to say the hotel is bad, it is just that there are many better options for about the same price if you go explore the town.

• Liked — Web Site
  • Disliked — Hard to find the receptionist
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

Nice central location, although a little noisy because it's along a main street. Great concept (all the rooms named after different Pablos, like Pablo Picasso, Pablo Neruda, etc), and smartly decorated. I felt I was staying in someone's home. I stayed in the Casals suite, which would have been comfortable for two perhaps even three people, and there are larger rooms too. Directly across from the Instituto de Allende. Helpful staff, although hard to communicate at times.

• Liked — Nicely decorated rooms
  • Disliked — a little noisy being along the main street
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2006

Pablos Suites is a small hotel , only five rooms. All the rooms are very large. The small staff is very accomidating. Pablo is very helpful and very nice. The pictures on the internet are accurate. The one thing I would advise is to ask for a down stairs Suite. All rooms have fans but upstairs was too hot for us. We changed rooms and ended up in the Getty Suite, which I think is the one to ask for.The location is good and the prices are reasonable. All down-stairs rooms open to the reception room. It is set up with games and magazines. It is also where guests register. The continental breakfast is instant coffee and rolls and juice. The friends that we were traveling with were very happy with this hotel
Jo and Ray Deering

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Pablos Suites? Share your experiences!