“Casa Calderoni” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Calderoni Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Casa Calderoni Bed and Breakfast
You added Casa Calderoni Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Callejon del Pueblito #4, San Miguel de Allende 37700, Mexico   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Casa Calderoni”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Just returned from my first visit to San Miguel de Allende (not my last!) and my first stay at Casa Calderoni (definitely not my last!). What a warm and wonderful place! Great and caring staff, welcoming hosts Merry and Ben, and lovely accomodations. Also, a great location to use as a base for exploring this amazing city. Do not hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Having just returned from this magical city I can attest that this B&B was a fabulous place to spend our vacation. I booked Casa Calderoni because of all the wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor and I wasn't disappointed. It is conveniently located in the center of town, a short walk to the main square. Merry, Ben, Luis, Eduardo, Beatriz and the rest of the staff couldn't have been more accomodating. A colorful room, a beautiful courtyard and rooftop terrace and a great breakfast were only a few of the amenities. Eduardo was a very knowledgable tour guide having spent most of his life in the city of San Miguel. Merry's beautiful artwork enhanced the decor. Luis was the perfect manager, Beatriz set a beautiful table and prepared breakfast to order, and Ben was the perfect host. This was our fourth stay in San Miguel and hopefully we can return again and enjoy this memorable B&B for a second time.

Room Tip: Matisse suite had 2 bedrooms, and was on main level.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I am currently living in Mexico City, and when one of my friends visited, I thought she would love both San Miguel de Allende AND this B&B. (I had visited a few years before.) I chose the Gaugin room for us...it has two full-size beds and a private terrace. The terrace is gorgeous! It has a table, chairs and umbrella and beautiful flowers. There are also chaise lounges. There is free internet (and a computer) in the living room as well as a TV with US programs. The manager, Luis, is amazing. He set us up with a wonderful cooking school and also found us wonderful and affordable massage/facials.

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing a few stairs, try "Gaughin" so you get the private terrace!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Spent 11 days at Casa Calderoni. Can't say enough about how lovely the b&b is- great food, warm and wonderful staff! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

San Miguel de Allende was on my bucket list so that is where I decided I wanted to spend my 75th birthday. My daughter and I stayed at Casa Calderoni, a bed and breakfast in the heart of the historical colonial section of San Miguel. The high point of our stay was meeting Merry Calderoni, a fellow Texan it turns out and the owner of the inn and founder of Fabrica Aurora, an old textile factory turned art gallery. An artist herself, Merry was responsible for securing 40 artists, restaurants and designers that make up this unique establishment. All the rooms at the B&B are named after famous artists. One teensy regret was taking the Paul Gauguin suite on the 4th level. After a day of walking the cobblestone streets for hours, climbing 4 flights of stairs was a bit much, but the fantastic view from the terrace made up for it. Our 4-night stay was enjoyable, even during the rainy season when it seemed to only rain during the night. Be wary when checking out; you will be asked for a gratuity for service equal to 8-12% of your total night’s lodging. My other regret is that we did not allow enough time to visit some of the surrounding communities. I may need to put San Miguel back on my bucket list!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Mexicali, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

San Miguel de Allende is a beautiful city, full of art. And what better place to be than this excellent b&b that is owned by a very welcoming and friendly couple. They really know how to make you feel at home!
The house is charming with a beautiful patio. The breakfast room is very colorful, it also has a "family room" with a tv, sofas and a computer, so you really feel at home.
Each room is named and decorated after a famous artist, so each has a different "personality" and vibe.
We had the Henry Matisse suite, which was perfect for our family ot 4, it had 2 separate bedrooms (one huge king size and 2 twins) a living room with a sofa and a bookshelf with lots of books to enjoy.
We had a great breakfast with delicius fruit, yogurt, cereal and granola, and made to order french toast ,pancakes or eggs. And of course great coffee.Yummy!
Our hosts were more than attentive.
And also the rest of the staff.
Would like to be back soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Eagle, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

We just left San Miguel de Allende after a six night stay at the enchanting Casa Calderoni. Perfect location. Welcoming staff Lovely suite. We were fortunate to have secured the Paul Gauguin Suite - private patio on the rooftop with dining table, chairs as well as two loungers and an unparalelled view of this city most magical. Luis, our host was charming (and a very good musician), the ladies that took care of our breakfast and room were simply lovely.
Our favorite meal was had at a beautiful little restaurant around the corner called Bugambilia - best salsa and very good chiles en nogada.
The intent of this trip was to discover whether or not San Miguel is a consideration for our future home. I must say that it now occupies the first spot on a short list. So, although Our bodies have checked out of the Casa Calderoni for the time being, our hearts remain within her walls and enchanted city. Civility and kindness remains in Mexico and for that I am forever grateful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Calderoni Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!