“Unbelievable Culinary Sophistication In San Miguel's Smallest Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cocina de Boris y Jessi - CLOSED

La Cocina de Boris y Jessi
Ancha de San Antonio #35 | Centro, San Miguel de Allende 37790, Mexico
+(52)4151171151
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Mexican, International, Organic
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico
“Unbelievable Culinary Sophistication In San Miguel's Smallest Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The morning after reading a delightful blog that applauds restaurant La Cocina de Boris y Jessi, I walked from my home having decided to give this little place a try. Although its size is modest (only two tables), everything else about it is larger than life - from the menu to the joy its owners have in preparing and serving it! The chef is a warm-hearted man named Boris Olvera. From my table I watched him cook ~ as the kitchen is wide open to customers. His adorable wife, Jessi came to give me a menu immediately and explained that day's special. I ordered French toast, bacon and juice. I watched Boris slice bread that I later learned he has made especially for La Cocina. Delicious! The bacon served was honestly the best I can remember having. Jessi squeezed the oranges for my juice within eye-sight of where I sat. And all the while I was able to chat with both Jessi and Boris. I learned that he is from Mexico City originally. She is from Davis, California. They met while working together for vintners in Napa Valley. Now they've not only married one another, but they have married San Miguel de Allende by bringing to it world class dishes, a catering service that's encyclopedic in its offerings, an unparalleled knowledge of wine and their infectious personalities. We're all all so glad they decided to make San Miguel their new culinary home! Gracias Boris y Jessi!

• Visited January 2013